Anyone remember Detectives?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Anyone remember Detectives?

Post by Fender »

I remember a template with tracking and detect that people use to use when chasing down thieves.

I think it was like:

Anatomy
Weapon Skill
Tactics
Healing
*extra spot*

Detect Hidden
Tracking

Id like to see this part of the game developed more. I was hoping for something last time but we all know how that went. :(

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Anyone remember Detectives?

Post by zzyzx »

Fender wrote:I remember a template with tracking and detect that people use to use when chasing down thieves.

I think it was like:

Anatomy
Weapon Skill
Tactics
Healing
*extra spot*

Detect Hidden
Tracking

Id like to see this part of the game developed more. I was hoping for something last time but we all know how that went. :(
May as well throw forensic eval in there.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Made one. It's fun but the major hang up is you can't tell between perma grey thieves and non perma grey thieves.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Try to steal from them.

If it says "You are not in the thief's guild" they aren't permagrey.

If you are able to, they are.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

90 magery
80 med
GM tactics
GM weapon
GM anatomy
GM Hiding
GM Stealth
30 tracking.

You arent going to be able to track in town with more than 30 tracking, and if your planning on hunting theives outside of town, your going to need more than a gimpy forensics template. The stealth is so you can get close enough to them to check if they're perma, the magery is to heal and cast para (the bane of bank theives). Just stalk someone, find out if you can attack them, and then set them as last target, precast para, and attack them and para - repeat. get them on your 30 track beforehand so you can follow them all over (obviously) brit.

Draconis

Post by Draconis »

My intentions were to make a Detective, but I got a little carried away with the toon I was raising . Now I'm sitting with Forensics, Tracking, Detect Hidden, Hiding, Anatomy, and Healing. I more or less put this guy on auto pilot, picking a skill and raising it, while working on something to make some cash. When the smoke settled, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to do anything with this guy, so in my infinite wisdom, decided I would GM Tinkering, and become a mad bomber. I used a toon similar to this for factions to reveal hidden players, find people, and remove traps....more or less a scout. I had alot of fun with it, but I'm going to have to slow my roll on this guy come up with something that's going to work here. If anyone else is interested in developing something like this or share ideas, shoot me a pm.

Officer_Atraxi

Post by Officer_Atraxi »

Fender wrote:I remember a template with tracking and detect that people use to use when chasing down thieves.

I think it was like:

Anatomy
Weapon Skill
Tactics
Healing
*extra spot*

Detect Hidden
Tracking

Hello, sir. This is Officer Atraxi, Sergeant of the Britannia Patrol Department. You should check out the BPD's guild forum. Our guild charter demands that all BPD officers have Detect Hidden and Forensics.

I, myself, have:

Detect Hidden
Forensics
Fencing
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
80ish Resisting Spells
the rest in Magery, just until i GM Resist.

We all have your Detective template.

Reena Dae

Post by Reena Dae »

I made a detective back then, but I never really played it. Gave her a NPC name (Daphne) and dressed her up like a guard. I probably had tracking to use up leftover points while still raising resist.

GM Forensics
GM Detect Hidden
GM Tactics
GM Swordsmanship (so my Halberd wasn't just a decoration)
GM Healing
GM Anatomy
Resist

There wasn't much point to having a detective anymore once Trammel came around.
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you will primarily be in town, why resist?

Officer_Atraxi

Post by Officer_Atraxi »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you will primarily be in town, why resist?
\

So that we don't have to call off a chase at the edge of a GZ.

Sometimes, thieves try to run out of town thinking that we will stop chasing so that we don't get hurt, but we keep on going.

Although, I am considering switching to GM Tracking, instead.
(1) I don't chase out of town that often
(2) It's a LOT easier to GM.

Or, maybe 70 Tracking-30 Magery, so I can scroll recall better.

Sergeant Atraxi is a work in progess.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Well, remember that too much tracking makes tracking in town impossible.

I would think that magery would be a huge benefit, because para is a fantastic spell vs the unprepaired thief.