Taming from 96 to GM

Topics related to Second Age
WarmApplepie

Taming from 96 to GM

Post by WarmApplepie »

Is this supposed to take forever? Dragons n Drakes, tried hell cats. Too much horsing around (Pun intended)
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Apocalypse

Re: Taming from 96 to GM

Post by Apocalypse »

It does take quite a while. I GM'd taming on drakes and dragons in Level 2 Destard. You can tele onto the ledges and run a macro. Best if you lure the dragon away from you and only tame the drakes.

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

On top of the "boxes" in fire. there are 4 that are useful. Mark some runes. There used to always be tamed animals on top of the buildings in there 24/7, to attract spawn. Then hang out up there and run a tame nearest grey/loop macro. Hellhounds Lizard and Hellcats by the dozen. GM in 8-12 hours from 95 ??

It's what I did.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Do I need to bring a healer or just use regs and heal self. Thanks
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

WarmApplepie wrote:Do I need to bring a healer or just use regs and heal self. Thanks
Nooo. I tamed from the ground. All you really need is recall regs and runes for the other boxes. The bait animals draw the spawn. You learn to stay 3-4 squares away from anything mean. They don't switch aggro often, they tend to attack what's closest. Which at 95+ is usually the hellhound that just tamed right next to them.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Just use Rose's method. You need a char on another account with 100 Anat, >75 healing, and ideally 100 hiding, and a bard on another account (50/50 works, but GM music in 2 hours first and it will be better). I did it twice, and both times were 100% afk once you setup, and after you're done, kill all the orcs and ettins for a nice 50k (they loot the gold from the hell hounds). Just hide your tamer on your house door steps, and gate him into the exact tile while you setup. Do the same with your healer to the adjacent tile. Then both will stay hidden indefinitely until your bard can finish getting the orcs provoked in the correct spots. Anyways, search UOSA forums for Rose + Taming. It's pretty awesome.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Wayyy too much work. Expecially when I don't really have 2 chars I want to delete and remake. Thanks for the info tho. 98 skill works okay. If I get bored I'll go back to destard or he'll hound room
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Markus

Post by Markus »

Destard takes forever, but at least it's totally afk. Especially if you take Apoc's tip and lure the dragon away. I'd recommend having a bard char provoke the dragon onto a creature that's stuck up on a ledge. Works well assuming no one wants to come and hunt the dragon. Just make sure you use a target by type for the drakes (there are 2 types), otherwise you'll be wasting targets on crap like giant serpents or taming giant rats and slimes, as if it didn't take long enough to GM with all the anger the beast messages you'll be getting.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

WarmApplepie wrote:Wayyy too much work. Expecially when I don't really have 2 chars I want to delete and remake. Thanks for the info tho. 98 skill works okay. If I get bored I'll go back to destard or he'll hound room
Okay, didn't know you had 15 chars already, so probably a pain. I thought most people had a dexxer with >70 healing they could throw 90 hiding on in one night. I had the suitable chars on suitable accounts both times, so it only takes 10-15 minutes to setup, then it's afk from 85.5-100.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

No dexxers. Buncha tanks so no Stat loss lol
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Just go to the smaller HH room. Easy as pie.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket