Earthquake Spell not working correctly???

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Apocalypse

Earthquake Spell not working correctly???

Post by Apocalypse »

Hello all,

There is a long story behind how I came to test this out, so I won't go into that. Here are my findings.

I had one of my toons standing in the middle tile (safe tile) of a small house. Standing outside with a second toon, I started casting earthquake. The first earthquake took toon #1 down to 40 hp from 100. Here's the first issue. Shouldn't it have dropped toon #1's hp to 50? Earthquake is supposed to take 1/2 of the current HP, right? After several more attempts (maybe 10 to 15), I got toon #1 down to about 4 hp and decided I was done with that.

Onto issue number two. I then got off my mount with toon #1 and logged off, leaving just the mount inside the house. I started casting EQ again with toon #2. After about 4 or 5 or so EQ's, the mount died. I was always under the impression that you could not actually kill anything with EQ, as it will only take half of the HP of anything within range. How is it that I was able to kill the mount?

I want to try again with toon #1 and keep casting on him to see if it is actually possible to kill him with enough EQ's, but just haven't had the time.

If anyone has the time and is curious enough to test this out with a toon, please do so and post your findings, as I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on and try it again.

I appreciate any comments or insight. Maybe this is normal. I've never gotten into the mechanics of the EQ spell so please enlighten me if I'm mistaken on my understanding of it.

iamreallysquall

Re: Earthquake Spell not working correctly???

Post by iamreallysquall »

"Onto issue number two. I then got off my mount with toon #1 and logged off, leaving just the mount inside the house. I started casting EQ again with toon #2. After about 4 or 5 or so EQ's, the mount died. I was always under the impression that you could not actually kill anything with EQ, as it will only take half of the HP of anything within range. How is it that I was able to kill the mount?"

this entirely is a misunderstanding on your part eq can kill anything except playing characters.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Earthquake Spell not working correctly???

Post by Casey »

^ this.

Can't kill players but can kill anything else with eq.