Healing poison macro questions

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Aelfric

Healing poison macro questions

Post by Aelfric »

Hello all.

I am currently testing a macro to raise my healing. I am already at about 60, and I am hoping this macro will take me to 80+ skill.

It requires two characters and a house.

I have character A attempt to heal character B, and I loop this with a 6.5 second delay in there (because that's how long it takes to cure poison).

Character B then pours poison into a bottle, drinks it, waits 10-15 seconds (depending on whether you are using regular or lesser poison), and then "waits for hits >= Max HP, and then loops.

Its running pretty smoothly with no wasted potions or bandaids.

I have a couple questions, however. Do any of you know a better or faster way to raise healing (Besides hired NPCs)?

Also, does the type of poison you're curing affect how often you gain in healing skill?

Before you answer, you should know that I am new and on a budget. I have no magery or regs, so I won't be able to gain skill using those things.

This method seems to be working fine, and it is pretty cheap since the kegs i'm using are throw-aways to any alchemist. They are usually just kegs they filled up when training and never could sell. Seems like this could boost their value, since curing poison gains healing better at around 60-80, so I'm told.

What do you guys think?

GeistSR

Re: Healing poison macro questions

Post by GeistSR »

The cheapest way is trapping a snake in your house. Equip a bow without any arrows so you'll never attack it. Move away when your health gets too low, heal up, and move back to it. Using two characters is still better since healing another is faster than healing yourself.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

If you're set on drinking poison potions, rather than casting poison on yourself, your drink poison macro should look something like this:

If HP > 90 (or whatever you want to set it to)
If poisoned, pause 0.5 seconds
else
drink poison potion (or whatever combination you use to drink the potion)
end if
end if
LOOP

This way you're not wasting potions if you're already poisoned (i.e. you failed to cure it last time). And the If statement on your HP will make sure you don't poison yourself to death.

I did it by casting poison on myself with the second character so this is modified slightly from what I did, but I think this was what worked for me if I'm recalling correctly.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

I always get better gains from healing damage, so I usually heal damage until 80 for rez. You can run over a flame trap in covetous entrance, or find a hill in t2a to fall down repeatedly.

Aelfric

Post by Aelfric »

Apocalypse wrote:If you're set on drinking poison potions, rather than casting poison on yourself, your drink poison macro should look something like this:

If HP > 90 (or whatever you want to set it to)
If poisoned, pause 0.5 seconds
else
drink poison potion (or whatever combination you use to drink the potion)
end if
end if
LOOP

This way you're not wasting potions if you're already poisoned (i.e. you failed to cure it last time). And the If statement on your HP will make sure you don't poison yourself to death.

I did it by casting poison on myself with the second character so this is modified slightly from what I did, but I think this was what worked for me if I'm recalling correctly.

I knew there was a better way to do this, just couldn't figure it out. Thanks.
UsualSuspect wrote:I always get better gains from healing damage, so I usually heal damage until 80 for rez. You can run over a flame trap in covetous entrance, or find a hill in t2a to fall down repeatedly.
I saw on another post that you can also put on and take off a strength boosting hat repeatedly--not that I have one of those. For now, though, healing poison is working much better for me. I read somewhere that this was recommended for this era.

Anyone know about whether the level of poison matters? I don't think it does, but I just want to make sure.

Yxven

Post by Yxven »

The level of poison doesn't matter.

obuw

Post by obuw »

The best way I found to raise my healing from 60ish to 80ish without a house was an altered version of the snake method:

Character 1: The Victim.

Make sure he has 100 str and 0 wrestling (or equip a weapon in which he has 0 skill) for faster gains.

Go out from the Delucia South-East gate. (You can do this anywhere with a ledge really)

Find a bird, rabbit or other critter, use herding or other means to move it up to the top of the wall (i.e. the city gate).

Move down, go outside, and doubleclick the critter to attack it. Make sure it can't reach you. (this is to ensure you won't fight back against the snake later)

Record a macro to "attack last target, wait 1s, loop". Set your last target to the critter (dbl-click your dagger and target the critter).

Character 2: The Healer:

Go find a snake, lure it to the other character and hide.

When the snake begins attacking the other character, heal him every 6s until you have 80+ healing.

Although you can do this unattended, it's obviously not safe from griefers / pks so choose a secluded spot. Also, the snake might sometimes get a lucky streak and eventually kill the victim, so I usually kept a second healer character hidden nearby and checked every now and then to see if I need to intervene.

Definitely not the simplest or the most fool-proof method, but it certainly is the cheapest for a new player without a house imo.

Return to “Guides”