Stamina Loss while Running on Foot

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Stamina Loss while Running on Foot

Post by Mikel123 »

I was running on Test Center yesterday at 49 STR and 79 stones in my pack, and 15 DEX/Stamina. I would immediately lose 1 point of stamina upon running, but then I never lose another one, no matter how far I run. I literally ran from Yew to Britain, maintaining 14/15 stamina the whole time. I never realized stamina loss was based on pack weight, but surely even at half-capacity one should lose stamina at SOME rate while running, right?

Lor

Re: Stamina Loss while Running on Foot

Post by Lor »

Pf, I can run 80 miles with a 30 lb pack IRL, wtf are you talking about?

I notice that my character loses stamina while riding horseback too, not just the horse. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not.

Teg

Re: Stamina Loss while Running on Foot

Post by Teg »

Mikel123 wrote:I was running on Test Center yesterday at 49 STR and 79 stones in my pack, and 15 DEX/Stamina. I would immediately lose 1 point of stamina upon running, but then I never lose another one, no matter how far I run. I literally ran from Yew to Britain, maintaining 14/15 stamina the whole time. I never realized stamina loss was based on pack weight, but surely even at half-capacity one should lose stamina at SOME rate while running, right?
So, I didn't even realize running in UO took stamina until I got a cable modem in 1999 (I'd been on crappy-ish dialup before that). So the question you need to ask before any others is, what's your ping time to the server?