Garriott & Spector to talk Ultima again?

Topics related to Second Age
fatmagic

Garriott & Spector to talk Ultima again?

Post by fatmagic »

Not sure what this means, but this is from Paul Barnett's twitter (He is the current Creative Director for Mythic, which is also involved with Ultima a bit):

"Have got news that there is a chance I can meet up with garriot and Spector to talk Ultima.. would be fantastic if it happened.." --> Source: http://twitter.com/thatbarnettblok/status/5160351526

Maybe I'm just hoping beyond hope to see a return to some true Ultima (i.e. T2A). I wonder what they will talk about... i'm bloody curious now.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Garriott & Spector to talk Ultima again?

Post by SJane3384 »

Wow. Imagine what it would be like now. T2A gameplay with Age of Conan graphics. I'm sure it's probably too much to hope for, but on the .001% chance it DOES come about.....well, I'll probably be divorced and selling all of my foodstamps for more game time.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

BTW I forgot to mention in my first post, the two in question are Richard Garriott (aka Lord British), and Warren Spector who worked on a good handful of Ultima games with Garriott (not UO though). So getting those two together, with the creative director from EA Mythic... could possibly be a good thing.

Sjane - haha I hear you :)

kaldori

Post by kaldori »

Awesome!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

It says talk Ultima, not Ultima Online. Coupled with the fact that Spector only worked with Ultima, and not UO, maybe he means another Ultima game.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

this could be true that hes talking another ultima game .. but i dout anyone would consider ultima these days without thinking of UO . and baseing the "game" off that what era etc i don't know .. but i highly dout they will come out with other ultima non online game ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Yes it's true there wasn't a clear line as to what kind of Ultima game they would be talking about.... but Garriott & Spector would be talking with EA Mythic, who is pretty interested in MMOs specifically - and they do own UO currently. So I was assuming a few things based upon the history of EA Mythic.

Again, pure speculation and hope beyond hope!

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Maybe they are just going to kick back and have a few beers and reminisce about old UO game...

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

leterrien wrote:Maybe they are just going to kick back and have a few beers and reminisce about old UO game...
Aww that would be totally anti-climactic :)

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

"Just met with Richard and Spector. We talked about T2A and how lame everything after was. Then we moved on with our lives and had nachos." --> Source: http://twitter.com/thatbarnettblok/status/5160351526

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Sentinel wrote:"Just met with Richard and Spector. We talked about T2A and how lame everything after was. Then we moved on with our lives and had nachos." --> Source: http://twitter.com/thatbarnettblok/status/5160351526
Hah.

stygia

Post by stygia »

So I sent about this to game informer in an E-mail. I'm hoping they respond to it, but what I'm thinking is if the server as a whole sends to GI we could get an answer in the next issue. deargi@gameinformer.com

It might work or at least give us some sort of answer.