Website is too busy to process your post

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Baldamier

Website is too busy to process your post

Post by Baldamier »

Lately when I hit preview before submitting my post I sometimes get an HTTP error saying the website is too busy to process my post (or something similar to that). It wouldn't be so bad but when I hit back the text box is empty so I lose whatever I've typed.

Faust

Re: Website is too busy to process your post

Post by Faust »

This problem is really aggrivating...

Mantis Atlantis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mantis Atlantis »

Yeah, it seems to happen whenever you sit on a post for a really long time before submitting, which makes matters even worse. Thankfully, I use Safari and it remembers what I had typed in the box so I haven't lost anything. I see this problem all the time on websites, though, and the best thing to do before submitting any form where you entered a bunch of information in a text box is to copy what you typed before submitting.

Still, seems like something minor causes this little annoyance, and it is quite frustrating sometimes.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I've been getting tons of website errors the past two weeks, also tons of slow loading times.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I've noticed a lot of what seems to be the failure of the web pages data base to load .. Some times restarting firefox helps some times it does not.. I also installed opera to see if problem was with firefox .. same problems happened with opera as well .. that is about as far as I have gotten looking in to this problem .. though now that I know others are having problems I will start to looking accordingly.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sorry about this trouble. THis is entirely a load issue on the webserver and database. We currently have shared hosting for Forums, Wiki (The problem is with the wiki too). We really need to move to a dedicated host.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

Ah, that explains it. No worries though. I'll just make sure I copy my long posts from now on. Nothing like having a 30 minute post ninja'd away. :D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Baldamier wrote:Ah, that explains it. No worries though. I'll just make sure I copy my long posts from now on. Nothing like having a 30 minute post ninja'd away. :D
Aye, I should have mentioned that as well. Anything more than a sentence or two I usually copy to the clipboard before submitting.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."