Provoking(attacking pets in town)

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
calista

Provoking(attacking pets in town)

Post by calista »

I witnessed today someone somehow pulling away pets that were told to stay in town. They were told all stay and accepted the command. Then someone opened up an moongate and somehow provoked them through the gate/attempted to provoke them through the gate. No they didnt just attack and run in the gate. They stayed in town and just ran around the gate. I am assuming there is some kind of bug that someone has figured out how to exploit to do this. Also it didnt just happen to me I saw the same person attempting to do this to several people. Also they were doing this to tamed mounts and dragons. So its not like the dragons were wandering off because they are harder to control, they were doing it to animals that are very easily controlled. Any info/insite would be appreciated thank you.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Provoking(attacking pets in town)

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

that's enticing...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

Isnt enticing a negetive act that would make the person enticing a blue animal go grey?

calista

Post by calista »

Enticement. The only skill this ability takes is Enticement. Rather than a one-time effect that draws a single target to the bard, it will become continuous, causing the target to continue to follow the bard so long as the song is being played. It, too, will become difficulty based. If the bard is very skillful, his or her Enticement effect may even be able to draw in multiple creatures of the same type, if the creatures are individually very weak. Bards working in groups will be able to Entice extremely powerful creatures individually, or groups of medium-level creatures. This is an actively targeted ability and is considered a NEGATIVE act.

there was no instrument music, and a gm was watching and was unable to tell what was going on. I would think a gm would be able to tell it was the enticement skill being used (maybe not though), and it was being done over and over instantly w/ no delay between skill use.

it may still have been the enticement skill being used but i was told to report it here and i did. thanks for any input

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Summary
This ability requires Musicianship. Use of the skill will cause a target creature to reduce to its passive walking speed and move toward the player. Any creature can be targeted except the following:

Players
Guards that have been recently called
Town criers
This skill is considered non-aggressive and does not affect notoriety.

not in the second age it wasn't, the statement above was from the wiki
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, enticement is possible on pets and was not a criminal act in the T2A era or prior. I'm not sure if it was made so later. The negative part of the quote may be karma related?

Pets will enter moongates if they walk over them.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

I remember hearding which did the same thing but for some reason hearding doesnt work on tamed creatures which I thought it did on T2A. I had done research on it but dont see anything info on it.