Attacking a lich in town will turn you grey

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Attacking a lich in town will turn you grey

Post by wyvern35 »

I was in Wind tonight and I had a lich agro me and follow me to the guard zone. As soon as I casted on the lich a guard came and killed me. Of course there was someone at my corpse within moments to take everything but aside from the replaceable gold/regs Im thinking this is something that needs to be looked into because I am pretty sure it wasnt intended to work like this :)

I was at the first town entrance that you can come to when in Wind. I dont know if this matters but hey, enjoy!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Attacking a lich in town will turn you grey

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I killed that Lich later...I neither seen your corpse nor the looter.
Which is rather funny because I lead some demons into town at the West enterance and it killed a mage who engaged it. No guards ever came.

If you had casted a summons or something and it was left behind it could be someone was hit by it while you were in town and it registered as you attacking a person in town...Maybe?

Or I had people jump right on top of a creature that I was casting on that targeted them instead getting me whacked.
Remember always pull your bars.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

You did something wrong then. I've had daemons follow me into town and killed them in town without problem.

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wyvern35 »

Nope, I didnt. Just attacked the lich, went grey, died.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

You don't go grey from attacking a lich.

You did something else.

Maybe you had a helpful spell queued up that targeted the lich instead of yourself, or something, because you just dont go grey from attacking monsters.

alatar

Post by alatar »

wyvern35 wrote:Nope, I didnt. Just attacked the lich, went grey, died.
wrong ;/
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Maybe the Lich was once an upstanding citizen in the community of mages.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Did you have any summons (Blade Spirits etc) or any pets at the time? This would otherwise be unheard of :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wyvern35 »

I know its been a long time since your inquiry Derrick but aside from hired mages who were back in town to prevent being killed by the lich, I did nothing that should have justified the guards coming. As I still recall, I was blue, the lich agroed and followed me back to a guarded area. I engaged the lich and after explosion went off a guard appeared and killed me. I do not recall entirely if I went grey but I DO know the NPCs were not guarding me, nor did I accidently attack them with a AoE spell like chain lightning.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is pretty old, without the ability to recreate the problem, and since it's never been reported since, I can't see doing much with it. If there was a way found to reproduce this we could address it, but I think chalking it up to bizzare would be best at this point.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”