Vendor Move Command

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Vendor Move Command

Post by Akanigit »

I would kill painters all the time in Occlo by saying, "vendor move" until they were out of town guards. This does not seem to work, I am almost 100% that this was in place before UOR.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vendor Move Command

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It works on summoned guards I know for sure. But they dont walk "away" from you like they used to in t2a, instead, it seems like they pick a random tile and walk to it. So you couldnt really herd them that easily anyway.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I always remember it being completely random only because of the annoyance they caused at the moonglow reagent shop.

This probably could easily be verified on the demo though.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Faust wrote:I always remember it being completely random only because of the annoyance they caused at the moonglow reagent shop.

I seem to remember the movements being less random than they are here. From what I recall, you could stand on the tile west of an npc, give the command, and he would take a random step North, South, or East. You could then stand West of him again and repeat the process. Here, if you replicated the same scenario, the vendor is just as likely to walk right around behind you.

I agree though that this should be easily checked via the Demo.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Faust wrote:I always remember it being completely random only because of the annoyance they caused at the moonglow reagent shop.

I seem to remember the movements being less random than they are here. From what I recall, you could stand on the tile west of an npc, give the command, and he would take a random step North, South, or East. You could then stand West of him again and repeat the process. Here, if you replicated the same scenario, the vendor is just as likely to walk right around behind you.

I agree though that this should be easily checked via the Demo.
That actually sounds spot on. I remember it being a total pain in the ass just to get them right outside of town guards.