Best hotkey configuration

Topics related to Second Age
Chriswithatemper
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Best hotkey configuration

Post by Chriswithatemper »

Seems like theres not enough keys on the keyboard sometimes for UO hot key combinations.

For the most part ive always used f1-f10 for my most used magery spells... which doesnt really work that great cause theres 64 spells.
I would end up adding in with alt function combos which doesnt that much cause then i have to take one hand off the mouse in which case i stop running.

Its a win, lose situation... someone must have a solution..

What is yours.

jd222

Re: Best hotkey configuration

Post by jd222 »

you could always use all the letters/numbers. you could use alt combinations, ctrl, and/or shift on all the letters towards the left side of the keyboard so that you only need one hand.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I turn the num lock off and use the keypad.
I also have a G15 which gives me 18 more keys to use....

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

i use ctrl + z-b and up
and alt + z-b and up

It works well for me dunno if it's right for you.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i have all my letter keys as spells, i for invis, that kind of thing, but i have to turn caps lock on, and hold shift when i want to type in game
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Slade

Post by Slade »

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

...wow...

Gund

Post by Gund »

Please tell me that's a joke....please!

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

I prefer to use the entire keyboard for my hotkeys, without ctrl, alt, or shift. In razor, under the 'Hot Keys' tab the very first thing is "Enable/Disable Razor HotKeys". I usually set this to some obscure combination, like ctrl(or alt)+~. Something that is easy to hit, but you will not hit accidentally. This allows you to avoid all the ctrl+ and alt+ and shift+ hotkeys. I used ctrl+ and alt+ for a long time, and after switching to the "Enable/Disable" method, it is like night and day. It is so much easier to just hit the key instead of the key combo. The downside is that your text input will quickly fill up with "qqqwwwwqqqwretttttqweeqw111222435" etc. You might have noticed people spouting nonsense like this in the field. It is just faster to say it to clear the text input than to hold the backspace key for 3 secs.

Also, you must remember to hit your "enable/disable" macro before talking to someone, so you aren't casting spells, using skills, saying your "Bank" macro etc when you type. It is really a matter of preference in the end. If you talk to people a lot then maybe this method is not good for you, but if you spend most of your time hitting your macros, holding down alt or ctrl, I highly recommend just getting rid of the alts and ctrls.

Another thing that people do is to "overlap" the macros with ctrl and alt. Like, you can set a macro for F1 to be gheal yourself, but then have alt+F1 to be gheal without a target so you can target someone else with it.

Also, Search the hybrid forums, I remember there was a post on there where people gave their configurations.

Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Double clicking icons is t2a era accurate... its the best. Pffft macros are for noobs.

ST