[Edit] Ok Don't Kill Sheep after tomorrow!!

Topics related to Second Age
Kharza

[Edit] Ok Don't Kill Sheep after tomorrow!!

Post by Kharza »

Please for the love of GOD stop shearing the sheep and just kill them and skin them.. you ruin the damn sheep farms for everyone else when you let the god damn naked sheep run around. BESIDES!! It takes longer for them to regrow the wool than respawn when you kill them, so it is actually FASTER to kill them and not shear them.

Thank you!
Kharza
Last edited by Kharza on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScoobyDoO

Re: I can't take it anymore.. KILL THE DAMN SHEEP!!

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Kharza wrote:Please for the love of GOD stop shearing the sheep and just kill them and skin them.. you ruin the damn sheep farms for everyone else when you let the god damn naked sheep run around. BESIDES!! It takes longer for them to regrow the wool than respawn when you kill them, so it is actually FASTER to kill them and not shear them.

Thank you!
Kharza
By the rage iv seen from this thread, you just made me hate sheep.

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

I'm telling PETA :(

kishih

Post by kishih »

My girlfriend (who is an absolute noob when it comes to mmo) feels sorry for the sheep, so she just shears them.
Characters: Kishih, Slimmerd, Billy, Marius
Once GM of 'Followers of the Silver Hand {FSH}' Europa shard

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

I always sheared the sheep cause i hate other people :|
and if i stomp my face into your fist, thats how i roll.

Rohegan

Post by Rohegan »

Kharza wrote: BESIDES!! It takes longer for them to regrow the wool than respawn when you kill them, so it is actually FASTER to kill them and not shear them.
False.

A. When you kill all the sheep in the pen they respawn 2 at a time, and can take longer than 30 minutes for ALL of them to come back. Wool should respawn once every 30 minutes. Thats 16 clean wool every 30 minutes per sheep pen. Where maybe 4-6 sheep spawn every half hour?

B. The wool you get from shearing them is better. Two clean wool gets you the same amount of yarn as THREE bloody wool. It may not seem like much but that means 20 clean = 30 bloody, and when your jumping from pen to pen, that saves alot of weight.

C. Set hotkey, (dbl click knife, target nearest unfriendly) then running around the pens is faster than killing them all and shearing them/looting them manually.
Rohegan - The GM Bowyer / Giorgio Armani - The GM Blacksmith/Tailor

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

kishih wrote:My girlfriend (who is an absolute noob when it comes to mmo) feels sorry for the sheep, so she just shears them.

My Girlfriend does the same thing, she just likes shearing them better, and she has been playing Ultima Longer then I have, not to mention Rohegan makes VERY excellent points, the bloody wool and clean wool make a huge difference!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

spin

Post by spin »

I'm not sure, but from what I've seen the wool respawn is MUCH longer than 30 minutes
but I agree, save the sheep, shear a red

Rohegan

Post by Rohegan »

I'll have to find the page, but it should be once every 30 minutes.

Kharza

Post by Kharza »

I didn't stop watch it but killing always seems faster to me than shearing. I did know about the bloody versus regular wool giving you the same wool though.. Here is the post that lead me to killing before shearing pay attention to the post by the Red guy...

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... ilit=sheep

Rohegan

Post by Rohegan »

Mr.T is wrong about the wool being more if you kill them. Bloody wool has always been less productive than clean wool. If its taking the sheep longer than one UO day to respawn then the timers are wrong. Aside from that, wool will still respawn faster than the 8 sheep you kill every time. The whole flock doesnt respawn at once. Its a trickle.

You have to remember to that if you get to the pen and it seems like the wool isnt respawning fast enough, someone may have been there already in between when you were there last and now. I know I can hit the pens, the fields, then the tailor and by the time i get back to the pens the sheep have wool again. Unless someone killed them all. Then i just give up since it'll be a few hours till all the sheep are back.

Kharza

Post by Kharza »

I wasn't referring to Mr. T.. I was talking about this line posted by Derrick:
I believe the amount of cloth yielded is the same (6) for both methods, but the respawn is indeed faster if you kill them (usually)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The respawn on the sheep's wool was 3 hours. This was definitely incorrect and will be fixed in the morning.

Kharza

Re: [Edit] Ok Don't Kill Sheep after tomorrow!!

Post by Kharza »

So that means that shearing is the best way to go tomorrow over giving the sheep a dirt nap?

Derrick

Re: [Edit] Ok Don't Kill Sheep after tomorrow!!

Post by Derrick »

I'm not saying that necessarily, I haven't interpreted the time, and sheep respawns do vary from pen to pen, but it will be much faster.