Shard opinion: Grandfathered blessed items

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
poogoblin

Re: Shard opinion: Grandfathered blessed items

Post by poogoblin »

Sandro wrote:
poogoblin wrote:Grandfathered "blessed items" is a cop out.

Edit: Additionally if such a patch was going to go in there should have been some sort of notice so ALL people could have taken advantage of this.
They had 3 years, ample time.
Yes we did have ample time....as long as we knew that our CB deeds were going to result to this. Unfortunately CB deeds not used before this patch are obviously not worth as those used on plain brown sandals before this patch. Why? Because it is yet another...we love our oldbies patch. Wish I was around for CBB... it would have been easy money in the bank.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Just to mention, if I would have known that such a CB change was going to take place I would have used my CBs on the random blue hued sandals I had. Unfortunately the only sure thing on this shared to CB was the random neon barstools....*gasp* even though we know this shard is against them.....that is of course unless you were part of the shard from the get go.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

There was a long debate about this topic, where the idea of grandfathering old blessed items was mentioned. The point of officially grandfathering them isn't to incentivize further use of inaccurate mechanics - its to soften the blow to those who were, and I hesitate to use this term as it clearly wasn't intentional, mislead.

You had plenty of time to see this coming and act in a way to potentially benefit from it, but its not Derrick's job to inform you about when to get in if you wanted perma sandals. Its been about a month since we got the CBDs and they've been losing value fast. There were potential risks in holding on to them anyways, plenty of people got burned but its their own fault/bad luck that they didn't predict the proper course to fully benefit.

The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that in era blessed items did break, yet tons of people not only had blessed items but they wore them constantly. Blessed items may be worth less now than they were 6 months ago but they are far from worthless. If you want some pretty sandals that stay with you or a champion of virtue sash you can put back on after you get ganked at the GY you can still get them. If properly played they can even last you a life time.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Either items are blessed and can never be destroyed or they are blessed and can take durability/be destroyed. Derrick is playing the Tram card on this one....previous items are blessed/can't be destroyed...really? If we are going that far why make my newbie clothing vulnerable? Why not let all blessed newbie clothing fall under the same system? Let me guess, Blackfoot and company don't benefit at all from it?

I swear, every time I try to get back involved with this shard something changes to either benefit hally mages or people who have rubbed Derricks inner thigh. And I end up just logging in to refresh my houses. I guess this has turned into a plea to just have Derrick ban me from this lame excuse of T2A so I can concentrate on my medical school studies.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

poogoblin wrote:Either items are blessed and can never be destroyed or they are blessed and can take durability/be destroyed.

Clearly thats not the case. Maybe all your rage is in response to your mind being blown?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

poogoblin wrote:I guess this has turned into a plea to just have Derrick ban me from this lame excuse of T2A so I can concentrate on my medical school studies.
Request regretfully granted, from forums anyway.

Good luck in your studies, and while i can't say no hard feelings, as you are bringing completely unfounded allegations here; I'm sure those hard feeling will pass, at least on my end.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

andersej

Post by andersej »

BAM! TOUGH ACTIN TINACTIN! :mrgreen:
This message has been approved by a Tank

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Derrick wrote:
poogoblin wrote:I guess this has turned into a plea to just have Derrick ban me from this lame excuse of T2A so I can concentrate on my medical school studies.
Request regretfully granted, from forums anyway.

Good luck in your studies, and while i can't say no hard feelings, as you are bringing completely unfounded allegations here; I'm sure those hard feeling will pass, at least on my end.

:lol: :lol: :lol: owned

Anyway, Derrick don't let this become burdensome on you because although we'd like it to change it's really not that big of a deal :P
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

The short and sweet of facts regarding this:

1.) No clothing was invulnerable during T2A.

2.) No clothing was hued in such a way unless a GM created it, in which case the ratio here is completely off as it was astronomically lower and a large portion should be eliminated. They were also not obtainable through gold means as most were no-trade, primarily unique, and were given for organizing events or participating in an event. The event ratio is also astronomically higher here so this would have to be taken into account as well. We could say 1 trammel item per 10,000 players and probably still be lowballing it.

3.) GM's, Counselors, Developers, Raph Koster, and Richard Garriott were not held to what they said in game(or out of it), as the game experience may change.

Given these facts, this change is the same as having a fire beetle as both are 100% inaccurate to this era. The reasoning behind the decision down to the items themselves had no place in T2A. So then, is the mission of the server still complete era accuracy, and if so where does this fall into the complete era accuracy framework?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You're clearly just trolling nox. This is nothing like having beetles. Thanks for muddying the argument beyond repair though.

I think you'll find your senseless remarks don't get you your way. This type of behavior is why uosatrade.com will fail as well. Why can't you provide constructive criticism?

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Panthor the Hated wrote:You're clearly just trolling nox. This is nothing like having beetles. Thanks for muddying the argument beyond repair though.

I think you'll find your senseless remarks don't get you your way. This type of behavior is why uosatrade.com will fail as well. Why can't you provide constructive criticism?
Ad hominem arguments will get you nowhere. Being only interested in facts and an objective perspective, please indicate where the fallacy is. If one thing is completely inaccurate to era, how does it differ from another that is completely inaccurate from era?

If a is not b, and c is not b, a and c are comparable yet need not be equal. However, this being a boolean argument would say otherwise that if a is not b, and c is not b, a is equal to C. Either way, the comparison is not illogical or inaccurate.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Please read my previous posts in this thread before asking more questions.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Please discuss the aforementioned information provided and the fallacies associated with them.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

wait nox are you talking now about how you want all items breakable or did you miss your goal again and talk about how hued masks should be taken out you are confusing me :/
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Arsen wrote:wait nox are you talking now about how you want all items breakable or did you miss your goal again and talk about how hued masks should be taken out you are confusing me :/
I don't think they should be taken away. In discussing the change I did make mention of their inaccuracies but would never suggest that. Breakable? Yes.