Some thief questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Some thief questions

Post by Zorce »

I never played a thief on OSI so I have some questions since I made one here.

1. I understand, when I steal from someone I am perma grey to them until I die. So 30 minutes after I steal from them I am blue again and they kill me which I know is correct. Issue is after they kill me, I am grey all over again and have to wait to turn blue again. Is this working right? Seems I turned grey twice.

2. Also I stole from a player and waited to turn blue again. While I was blue in town him and his friend killed me. I called guards but nothing happened to the player I didnt steal from. Is this a bug? When the player I stole from attacks me, I shouldnt turn grey to other players aswell. This doesnt seem right.?

iamreallysquall

Re: Some thief questions

Post by iamreallysquall »

when your perma grey anyone can attack you situation 1 sounds like you waited 30m(time has nothing to do it with it at all dieing is the only way to remove perma grey and once you steal or try to again your perma) but had stolen something after having rezed or attempted to and failed and situation 2 you were clearly perma grey guards wont do anything you had stolen anyone can attack you they clearly knew you stole from them and were perma hence why they attacked you.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

but shouldnt I only be grey to the person I stole from? My name was blue so I should only be attacked by the victim I stole from. =/

Also, is it normal not to be able to steal halberts? Seems you should be able to steal all weapons. Whats the stone limit?
are the weight & stones of the Hally accurate to T2A? Were thief's never able to steal them?

Thanks

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

point is they knew you were perma grey and as such they attacked you were probably grey to the person he stole from he attacked the other guy knew you were perma and attacked as well
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Downs

Post by Downs »

people can test to see if your perma too. if a tank mage with no stealing tries to steal from someone, they get a "you must be in the thieves guild" message. if the person they steal from is perma grey, it attempts to steal, meaning they can attack you.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Zorce wrote:but shouldnt I only be grey to the person I stole from? My name was blue so I should only be attacked by the victim I stole from. =/

Also, is it normal not to be able to steal halberts? Seems you should be able to steal all weapons. Whats the stone limit?
are the weight & stones of the Hally accurate to T2A? Were thief's never able to steal them?

Thanks
When you steal from an innocent player, you do not necessarily go grey to them. It seems to be that way on several other shards, but not on here. You will, of course, be permagrey though (blue, but will flag grey when ANYBODY attacks you. If somebody knows you just stole an item from an innocent player, they know they can attack you without flagging grey themselves).

The max weight you can steal is 10 stones. Halberds and a few macing weapons (maul and war mace? not sure) weigh more than 10 stones.

Check out the stealing entry on the wiki. If you scroll down, the "Stealing and Criminal Flags" section should answer most of your questions about when you flag grey.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Stealing

Return to “New Player Help”