Era Accuracy: Wisps

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jacruth

Era Accuracy: Wisps

Post by Jacruth »

Everyone can read in the Wiki that Wisps have a loot of 500 gps. Actually, it's a fact that they don't give nothing.

Also, they are extremelly strong. I saw a Wisp killing 3 ogres, 1 ettin, 3 bulls, 2 hinds and 4 dire (or timber) wolves. Because of that, I suggest to make them lower.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Era Accuracy: Wisps

Post by Mens Rea »

They are protectors of the forrest.

They don't need gold.

Leave them alone.

Jacruth

Post by Jacruth »

Wiki is wiki.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, the wiki should be revised on this. Wisps has little or no loot in this era.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Just curious, when did they start auto attacking people with negative karma?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I believe this was later if it happened. It's my understanding that wisps were intended to possibly assist the weaker player in a fight they happened across; however I don't know if this was ever implemented
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

My T2A strategy manual suggested that I talk to wisps.

They never had a great deal to say unfortunately.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mens Rea wrote:My T2A strategy manual suggested that I talk to wisps.

They never had a great deal to say unfortunately.
Aye :)

I spent a great deal of time trying this myself back in the day.

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Bringing this back from the dead to request wisp upgrades!

I was helped once, as a newbie when fighting lizard men in the Britain swamp, and replied to once by a wisp back in the day.

The text it responded to was "Lord British" and it actually used those words in the reply, which makes it doubtful it was a coincidence. The rest of the text was typical wisp language. The word "British" actually appears as one of the words wisps sometimes respond to in the stratics oddity list. It was definitely implemented.

Sadly for our wisp brothers and sisters, it's going to be difficult to find hard evidence. The wayback machine for the page only goes back to 2001.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/odd.shtml

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Wisps attacking negative karma players came around with Ilshenar along with the other monsters that did the same, and I believe their loot was upgraded on OSI at this point as well, but I may be thinking of those fairy monsters which were practically wisps but had gold and gems on them as well

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

I dunno where you kill your Wisps but all the ones I kill have gold. You have to click on their dead body (it is a small dot)

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

All I know is that no matter how badass my party was in Ultima VII, Wisps were ALWAYS dangerous!!!!

Now that's Era Accuracy!
Est Sularus oth Mithas