What makes better $$$ as a crafter.

Topics related to Second Age
Maehix

What makes better $$$ as a crafter.

Post by Maehix »

A blacksmith selling armor/weapons as well as bulk ingots from a vendor/on the forums or a scribe selling mass scrolls/rune books/spell books?

Pirul

Re: What makes better $$$ as a crafter.

Post by Pirul »

I guess it depends on the time you are attending or afk ing it, and if you have a 2nd account available, but I found tailor was quite profitable to do semi-afk (playing 10 mins every hour or so).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

A good scrolls vendor will sell well. Ingots always sell on the forums/irc. Advertising and reputation are the biggest factors.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Do not join $$$ they are known for slave labour
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Keener

Post by Keener »

Pirul, in reference to your tailor do you just sell fancy shirts or some type of leather armour to a vendor?

Maehix

Post by Maehix »

Is selling tailored items to a vendor really that profitable?

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Considering you can mostly (or entirely, I dunno) automate Inscription, that's probably the best profits for time spent.
I never carried on with it when I started a scribe. I personally just worked my miner/smith character early on making ringmail tunics from the ore I got. I'd pull a few thousand gold an hour, but the only thing I had a hotkey for was Last Object (pickaxe), Last Target, so I could just tap that until the vein runs dry.
Yes, I know the shovel is lighter, but I didn't learn that until after I GMed mining and I can't weild a shovel, so mining looks hella stupid without a pickaxe.

If you have a decent vendor location, you can make a killing selling Iron or Shadow Dex suits and GM weapons. The other ore type suits barely sold for me but I may have priced them too high. I was doing 1500gp on an iron suit and 2500gp on the shadow.

They were selling pretty quick and I haven't had my vendors up in several weeks now so someone's gotta make these damn things.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I'd just make the same things Smithy made if you want to make money. She made millions by making the basics and just being nice to people.

Thread: viewtopic.php?p=270409#p270409
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Maehix wrote:Is selling tailored items to a vendor really that profitable?
Keener wrote:Pirul, in reference to your tailor do you just sell fancy shirts or some type of leather armour to a vendor?
Quoted from the starter's guide I wrote a while ago:

When your skill is high enough, you can graduate to making leather armor (and here's where the serious money starts rolling in). Mark a rune to all tanner shops and armories in Sosaria. Recall around all the tanner shops buying up hides (at 3 gps per). Cut them with your scissors to make "cut leather" and make it easier to carry. At first vendors will only stock around 20 pieces of hides, however, an hour after being bought out, they will restock with double the amount they had. Now they will have 40 pieces each. An hour after that, and they will have 80 pieces each, and so forth up to 999. This is important, as when you start getting into a roll, you will want to buy up as much leather as possible to process it, and make as many items as possible. The main items you want to make are leather arms and leather gorgets (this is regular leather armor, not studded leather), as they seem to get the best returns per leather used. Again, after crafting all your leather into arms and gorgets, recall around to all the tanners and armories selling your wares, moving to the next one as soon as you start getting diminishing value on your products. Keep in mind that not all armories buy leather armor everyday. Some might not buy today, but might buy tomorrow. I am not sure why this happens, or if it is accurate, it is just my observation. When you get to this point, and can effectively process thousands of leather a day, your income will be enough to buy pretty much anything you might want/need.

However if you want to set up shop, 2 people really have done it right: Sexy Smithy with the link LS posted, and Theograd's: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20897

Maehix

Post by Maehix »

I've heard you can do the same with Inscription is this true?

Maehix

Post by Maehix »

Is it true that you can sell scrolls back to the vendor for good profit as well?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yes you can. I don't have a scribe so I don't know details about it.

Maehix

Post by Maehix »

Then again I would think my tamer could farm faster correct?

Zim

Post by Zim »

I would not consider a tamer a crafter.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Maehix wrote:Then again I would think my tamer could farm faster correct?
A newbie dexxer at the graveyard can farm faster than a scribe. The benifit of crafting is that you can just set a macro and forget about it while you play another character or just go AFK.