Reds on this server..

Topics related to Second Age
jackshephard
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Reds on this server..

Post by jackshephard »

I took this from another post I made but it seems the subject matter is the same;

These are fun; it’s a part of the game. If I could walk into a dungeon free of worry I wouldn’t play this game. You have every right to PK or be pked. Yes those guys kill dungeon crawlers and AFKERS, that’s why they are red. They also have pvpers and merchants I’m sure, all open to being pked. These gentlemen keep resources scarce. If they were not here people would farm gold for hours and hours. This is not ok. That’s what trammel was, a farm fest. People would take turns for good spawns. Some spawns always had people at them. No one enjoys being pked, only pking.

Enjoy.

Thank you reds for all that you do.
Dharma Standard Company; Namaste
All Resources Gathered Legally

s20dan

Post by s20dan »

jackshephard wrote: These gentlemen keep resources scarce. If they were not here people would farm gold for hours and hours. This is not ok.
I disagree with that. If I want to farm gold, I can farm gold free from REDS! Its true that reds will eventually come but for perhaps 1% of my gold farming time which is pretty much all in the grand scheme of things.
It's like blaming a gnat that bit you because you lost a race.

What gets me about about 50% of reds here is: why do they get so much enjoyment from *trying* to annoy other people?
Is it not enough fun to try and beat someone in a *fair* fight... I suppose thats too much for some people.
Don't get me wrong, I've been a bastard, we all have. But it doesn't go on for very long ;) Theres a lot of things in the game that actually detract from my enjoyment of the game if I participate.
Ganking Noobs is a great example... Its pretty funny the first time you do it, but then you realise that actually its pretty gay and then lose enjoyment from the activity.
I can't be the only person here that actually has a conscience? :)
Last edited by Derrick on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?t=19466

jackshephard
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jackshephard »

I have farmed many places in my three years on this sever. From T2A orc forts, to dragons, to balrons, and if you only have a pk issue 1% of the time. You never farmed on this sever.

"Disruptions" are more often than few and far between. Esp when you get away; they are coming back. Granted I no longer dungeon crawl so I could be wrong. However seeing there are two active posts about reds on this sever, Im glad to see they are thriving.

Everyone has a role, and we all play our parts. If I wanted to play a game where I can get pked; I would.
Dharma Standard Company; Namaste
All Resources Gathered Legally

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

I understand that this game has reds but personally I feel the people that choose to be red are the ones that have no confidence to actually make a skilled player. It takes patience and skill to be a tamer/provoker and ZERO skill to get 3 buddies and go kill a tamer/provoker. I personally would be too embarrassed to do such a cowardly act. I've admired one red in my entire career on UO and he worked solo and used some very thought out plans. The rest of you I laugh at and probably feel sorry for if that is really the best you can do. I have given away waaaay more gold than reds have ever taken from me so at the most being killed by a red bring great pity to my heart and it's annoying to have to go restock and get back in the game. Other than that it's like swatting at a mosquito. lol

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Killeshandra wrote:I understand that this game has reds but personally I feel the people that choose to be red are the ones that have no confidence to actually make a skilled player. It takes patience and skill to be a tamer/provoker and ZERO skill to get 3 buddies and go kill a tamer/provoker. I personally would be too embarrassed to do such a cowardly act. I've admired one red in my entire career on UO and he worked solo and used some very thought out plans. The rest of you I laugh at and probably feel sorry for if that is really the best you can do. I have given away waaaay more gold than reds have ever taken from me so at the most being killed by a red bring great pity to my heart and it's annoying to have to go restock and get back in the game. Other than that it's like swatting at a mosquito. lol
i agree totally. tamer is more skillful because "all kill" doesnt work on this server whereas in pvp i can just say "all kill" on ventrilo and i dont even need to click a target, stuff just dies
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

TwisT

Post by TwisT »

Killeshandra wrote:I understand that this game has reds but personally I feel the people that choose to be red are the ones that have no confidence to actually make a skilled player. It takes patience and skill to be a tamer/provoker and ZERO skill to get 3 buddies and go kill a tamer/provoker.

who says those reds dont have a tamer/provoker, blue pvper, crafter, etc.
Killeshandra wrote: The rest of you I laugh at
glad we can provide you with humor

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

This thread reeks of trammel...
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

GrandmastahSexi

Post by GrandmastahSexi »

Wow, you guys sure derailed his thread. He is complaining about the quality of reds when all they do is roll in packs of 5 and open gates to kill hunters. In no way is he whining about rules.

GrandmastahSexi

Post by GrandmastahSexi »

Killeshandra wrote:I understand that this game has reds but personally I feel the people that choose to be red are the ones that have no confidence to actually make a skilled player. It takes patience and skill to be a tamer/provoker and ZERO skill to get 3 buddies and go kill a tamer/provoker. I personally would be too embarrassed to do such a cowardly act. I've admired one red in my entire career on UO and he worked solo and used some very thought out plans. The rest of you I laugh at and probably feel sorry for if that is really the best you can do. I have given away waaaay more gold than reds have ever taken from me so at the most being killed by a red bring great pity to my heart and it's annoying to have to go restock and get back in the game. Other than that it's like swatting at a mosquito. lol

Those reds don't understand that when you are new to the shard, these "little" things cause them to quit. It may be annoying for you to go and restock, but they have no fucking place to go restock, and they end up having to walk their way out of the dungeon, walk their way to the nearest city and try to gear up JUST to get killed in the same way.

Throw a fucking gate to a town if you are gonna dry loot and kill my mount. FFS

PS: No i dont want trammel. Just be nice to a newbie that wants to farm on the shard :)

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

GrandmastahSexi wrote: Throw a fucking gate to a town if you are gonna dry loot and kill my mount. FFS
This is the only gripe I have. If I die to a PK, then so be it. But if you are going to kill me while I'm far out in the middle of nowhere, at least toss up a gate so that I can hop back to town while you enjoy my loot.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

It is not the pk's job to gate you to town. We might click it instead of our safehouse rune in an emergency.

Instead try this little trick to be self sufficent.

Make a new charecter on one of your 3 accounts that isn't your main farmer. Next start him with 50 magery.

Now bring him to the bank and supply him with a rune to every place you hunt at, and some gate travel scrolls.

Now when you die, simply log him on and cast the gate scroll on where you died. it might take a few tries, but you will eventually get a gate to open. now you are rescued by yourself with less then 10 minutes effort to create the character.

UO is a game for people who adapt to situations, use that trick to get back to town.
[broken image]

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

tekai wrote:It is not the pk's job to gate you to town.
\

Never stated that was their job. Simply stated that in light of taking an ass beating from a group of them, they could at least provide me with a port back to town while they pillage my corpse. :lol:

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

farming with no fear is not farming at all. it's like playing poker with fake money; it ain't even poker.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

I have lost more gold to the opportunistic blue player than to any red thus far

of course, this is my own fault :oops: lol

but still, its the blues that you need to watch out for!!

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

eggmona wrote:I have lost more gold to the opportunistic blue player than to any red thus far

of course, this is my own fault :oops: lol

but still, its the blues that you need to watch out for!!
this was always the case. if i saw someone gettin heavy w/ loot, i would back stab you in a second if i could!