Dear Staff

Topics related to Second Age
Klavis Verge

Re: Dear Staff

Post by Klavis Verge »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:Did anyone think to ask Telamon why he was banned lol? I did, Although his version is probably different from derricks perspective even telamon admited to cheating so why people are defending him and need proof is beyond me.... go ask him yourself. It's clearly obvious a guy who owned a huge portion of real estate on uosa had more then 3 accounts & that's one of the things he admitted too, I'll let you guys wonder the rest or just go ask him yourself.
I am glad this issue has finally drawn to a close. I will defend the shard by saying that it is an exteremely complex technical issue to detect some kinds of abuses, and it is a milestone in the quality of the shard in general to have addressed this issue. As far as any personal opinion I have of this issue, see photo taken during the IDOC event.
Attachments
Telamon IDOC.png
Telamon IDOC.png (242.28 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:Did anyone think to ask Telamon why he was banned lol? I did, Although his version is probably different from derricks perspective even telamon admited to cheating so why people are defending him and need proof is beyond me.... go ask him yourself. It's clearly obvious a guy who owned a huge portion of real estate on uosa had more then 3 accounts & that's one of the things he admitted too, I'll let you guys wonder the rest or just go ask him yourself.
I did ask him, and I'm struggling to see a bannable problem with what he did. His final statement to me though went something like this, "I don't care."

So there you go.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I assure you the nerd cares. I also assure you he lies through his teeth.

His pixel life was torn into pieces and he is having withdrawals as we speak.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Telamon aside,

New avatar. Nice.

Telamon back in,

Wait... he's banned ahahah. He can't come back in!

I don't think he cheated or used EUO.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Jason- wrote:I did ask him, and I'm struggling to see a bannable problem with what he did. His final statement to me though went something like this, "I don't care."

So there you go.
Like I said his version is going to be different but people who cheat don't think they are in the wrong. However I don't see how you didn't think telemon cheated.... For instance one obvious thing was he owned way more houses then he had accounts with characters so right there shows one form of abusing the system. This was proven when his accounts where banned and all his houses dropped so it wasn't like he had friends holding on to houses for him they were on his accounts. I had 3 rune books of just the houses I knew about that were condemned and dropped so do the math- 3 accounts + 5 characters each equals 15 houses... I had 3 rune books full of houses that I knew about that dropped, that's not counting the ones I didn't know about. So in essence everyone said he was a great asset to the server but in reality he controlled a lot of the economy with the housing market he manipulated along with the items he acquired also using multiple accounts. That's just my obvious opinion, but I'm pretty sure if he's willing to go that far on a server then easyuo is a mild stone & he sure put a a lot of time in abusing mechanics & rules of the server for someone who doesn't care.

Anyways best to just drop the whole issue, what's done is done. He's happy where he is at now and the server got a lot of housing spots and items that normally they wouldn't have if he wasn't banned so it worked out for everyone.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:Like I said his version is going to be different but people who cheat don't think they are in the wrong. However I don't see how you didn't think telemon cheated.... For instance one obvious thing was he owned way more houses then he had accounts with characters so right there shows one form of abusing the system. This was proven when his accounts where banned and all his houses dropped so it wasn't like he had friends holding on to houses for him they were on his accounts. I had 3 rune books of just the houses I knew about that were condemned and dropped so do the math- 3 accounts + 5 characters each equals 15 houses... I had 3 rune books full of houses that I knew about that dropped, that's not counting the ones I didn't know about. So in essence everyone said he was a great asset to the server but in reality he controlled a lot of the economy with the housing market he manipulated along with the items he acquired also using multiple accounts. That's just my obvious opinion, but I'm pretty sure if he's willing to go that far on a server then easyuo is a mild stone & he sure put a a lot of time in abusing mechanics & rules of the server for someone who doesn't care.

Anyways best to just drop the whole issue, what's done is done. He's happy where he is at now and the server got a lot of housing spots and items that normally they wouldn't have if he wasn't banned so it worked out for everyone.
I promised an individual that I wouldn't go in to the details about why the ban occured. The reason I promised such a thing is because that same individual enjoys watching the forums blow up with speculation.

With that said I will tip toe around a couple of things.

1. He didn't use EUO
2. He didn't own all the houses

He was banned for something silly. Which in turn, shines light on an integrity issue concerning staff, which they apparantly value more than anything else.

If you really think about it, this whole thing is stupid and silly. But the immaturity that arises alongside with the drama is what makes UOSA fun anymore. It definitely beats the pvp.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

As a general reminder, the indexed forums are not an appropriate place to discuss opinions on whether and why a player was banned, nor is it a place to expect justification for a ban. We do not discuss the details of any player bans.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Kaivan wrote:As a general reminder, the indexed forums are not an appropriate place to discuss opinions on whether and why a player was banned, nor is it a place to expect justification for a ban. We do not discuss the details of any player bans.

We dont need details, just the reason(s) he was banned...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Those are details, which we do not discuss.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Kaivan wrote:Those are details, which we do not discuss.

de·tail (d-tl, dtl)
n.

1. Particulars considered individually and in relation to a whole

We just want the whole, not the individual parts...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

FishinPro wrote:We just want the whole, not the individual parts...
The whole is already known. The particulars of it will not be discussed.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Jason- wrote: 1. He didn't use EUO
2. He didn't own all the houses
No one has access to his computer so you can't say he didn't, most people who use easy uo don't go around admitting it or telling people about it.

The accounts he owned the houses on where banned which made the houses he owned condemned so yes the ones that fell he did. Which was way past the character/account limit allowed on uosa.

Kavian is right though, An employer doesn't have to discuss or give in details to other employees why someone was fired and staff doesn't have a responsibility to inform players why someone was banned, it just so happens telemon was a we'll known player so it sparked peoples interest, I don't see people questioning other peoples bans just telemons.

Also remember this a free server, no one pays a subscription to play so anything that is being said is assumptions not reality but the multiple account thing was very obvious & not saying that's why he was banned but staff has the right to ban anyone breaking any of the rules no matter how small the rule is and from what derrick said it seems like more then one of them were broken.

Even if Kavian and Derrick in full detail addressed why telemon was banned that wouldn't be enough because then people would say oh we'll he didn't do this or that and then expect proof upon proof and then make another forum thred questioning why he got banned and if the proof was legitimate for those reasons, so in the end it serves no purpose what so ever to enclose details why he was banned because people already made up their minds why he was in the first place.

Agree to disagree but I am surprised this thread hasn't been locked and kicked to the curve already.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

smart86

Post by smart86 »

This whole thing definitely wasn't the intention of the thread. :/

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

The only reason I'm curious is because I want to be clear on the rules. I don't want to put a bunch of hard work into something and have it taken away from me for a silly reason.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

smokybarnable wrote:The only reason I'm curious is because I want to be clear on the rules. I don't want to put a bunch of hard work into something and have it taken away from me for a silly reason.
Link: Rules

Clues That You Might Be Breaking The Rules:
  • If you're not sure whether you're breaking the rules or not, you're probably in the wrong. PM a Staff member on the Forums.
  • If you're nit-picking staff comments looking for "loopholes" in their wording, you're probably in the wrong. PM a Staff member on the Forums.
  • If you're going off what a player told you and it doesn't feel right, you're probably in the wrong. PM a Staff member on the Forums.
  • If you're just "not in a talkative mood" when people try to determine if you're AFK Resource Gathering, you're probably in the wrong. We'll PM a staff member for you.
  • If you've got a hundred houses that you're friended to, but all of the owner's only refresh them like clockwork shortly before they go into condemned status, you're probably Telamon. We'll PM a staff member for you.
  • If you're coding up your own 3rd party scripts or applications to play UO, you're in the wrong. We'll PM a staff member for you.
  • If EasyUO is installed on your computer, you're a moron and probably in the wrong. We'll PM a staff member for you.
  • If you are using any program other than Razor to enhance your UO experience, you're probably in the wrong. PM a Staff member on the forums.
  • If you're using someone's real life name, aside from famous people, you're probably going to see that character's name changed. PM a Staff member on the forums.
  • If you're Auto-Churning Vendors for profit via scripts while AFK, you're probably doing something wrong. We'll PM a Staff member for you.
Enjoy Your UOSA Experience!

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro