Streaky skill gains (Blacksmithing)

Topics related to Second Age
Tritan

Streaky skill gains (Blacksmithing)

Post by Tritan »

Are skill gains normally this streaky?

I logged in my blacksmith and he had 150 ingots from the last time I was working on Blacksmithy. So I ran my make katana macro and I gained 1 full point of skill on those 150 ingots. I went from 71.2 to 72.2. I had a streak of at least 4 skill gains in a row. So I went mining and came back with 1k ingots. Start my macro again and I have gained .2 since then with 100 ingots left and I have recycled everything.

Is this bad luck with the ramdomizer? Was I just super lucky at the start? Maybe its time to switch something else like short spears? From what I have read I should stick to Katanas until 75.

Any input is helpful.

WiseOne

Re: Streaky skill gains (Blacksmithing)

Post by WiseOne »

There is no 'power hour' or anything like that here.

You my friend just got extremely lucky there (congrats!).
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Tritan

Post by Tritan »

I afraid that was the case, thanks. Its hard I can respect that.

For some strange reason I think it might be related to food and being hungry, but I haven't seen anything that suggests that. I guess that might make sense but its not a in the game mechanic.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Tritan wrote:For some strange reason I think it might be related to food and being hungry, but I haven't seen anything that suggests that. I guess that might make sense but its not a in the game mechanic.
That's a myth. Hunger only effects how fast you passively regain HP. Eating (to a point) increases that rate and bumps your stamina by a marginal amount, nothing more.

But by all means, I sell fishsteaks next to Yew bank. You'll feel better anyhow! ;)

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Once I pulled out 3 mibs in 5 casts on the same fisherman. Another time I pulled 2 mib and 3 map between 2 gm fishermen after 6 hours of fishing (12 hours combined).

Luck, she is a tough mistress. Sometimes she shtoops you like number 'two' prostitute in all of Kazakhstan other times she Scheizerblasts you right in the poopenshaft.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠