Dungeon Chest Loot

Topics related to Second Age
Degamra

Dungeon Chest Loot

Post by Degamra »

Seriously, is the magic stuff even worth IDing? I've been at it about 2 weeks now (the high level stuff for finishing 95-100 Lockpicking) and I don't even think I've seen anything above ruin or defense.

The clothing and jewelry, at best, appears to be blessing...and night sight.

Is there any chance of silver weapons/force+/hardening/magic reflection/teleport/invisibility?

Also, how much Lockpicking do you need to open a level 5 chest? 95 or 100?

Thank you.

Orion GM B^D

Re: Dungeon Chest Loot

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Degamra wrote:Seriously, is the magic stuff even worth IDing? I've been at it about 2 weeks now (the high level stuff for finishing 95-100 Lockpicking) and I don't even think I've seen anything above ruin or defense.

The clothing and jewelry, at best, appears to be blessing...and night sight.

Is there any chance of silver weapons/force+/hardening/magic reflection/teleport/invisibility?

Also, how much Lockpicking do you need to open a level 5 chest? 95 or 100?

Thank you.
In my experience, it will take 1000 attempts [including failures] from 95-100. You may get a few nice
weapons during those attempts. So there is a chance, just like with any level t-map that you would
get something good.
If you dont have a char with Item ID, I would make one, it will lessen your costs on Iding anything in the game. There
are several macro's you can setup to ID mass items. Mikel123 I believe has a good one.
Personally I looted EVERYTHING and sold it all. It may be a pain, but in the long run from 95-100 you
will make 400k+ in the end. A chest thats dry looted, even if you dont take it all, respawns faster empty.

Yes you will need 100 LPing to open a level 5 chest, unless you have the right amount of Hidden Detect,
which I believe is 30.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

nightfishing

Post by nightfishing »

I've only done about 100 level 4 dungeon chests so far, maybe 200 level 3s. For the most part, it is garbage that I smelt or vendor, but I have received 2 vanq halberds and several nice chain armor pieces. I got maybe 5 silver weapons with otherwise crap modifiers. As a newer character, those vanq halberds pretty much funded my first mage until he could earn his own regs.

ID'ing sucks but it takes like 2 overnighters to gm ID on a mule. I set up a 'use id, wait 11 seconds' macro and looped it, I just click on something every time the cursor comes up.
[23:59] <notorious> STFU NAPKIN YOURE NEW
[23:59] <[napkin]> lol
[23:59] <notorious> STOP NAMEDROPPING

Degamra

Post by Degamra »

It seems like treasure chest loot is vastly superior but I'm glad to know the high level stuff can indeed drop. Interesting that it takes 100 LP or 95 LP/30 Detect for a level 5. Thank you for the examples!

player 1

Post by player 1 »

Degamra wrote:It seems like treasure chest loot is vastly superior but I'm glad to know the high level stuff can indeed drop. Interesting that it takes 100 LP or 95 LP/30 Detect for a level 5. Thank you for the examples!
Hmm, according to UOSA wiki, it takes 95 LP and 60 detect hidden to be able to pick a lvl 5 chest or gm LP.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

I have found good vanq and powers along with spell reflect and tele rings. Not too often but i think it's worth iding everything.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

ive gmd lockpicking over the months and ill tell you. Its not uncommon to find a good weapon like a nice power or vanq in a chest.
Also you can find invis and spell reflect gear. I think i find a teleport or invis ring like 1 outta every 6 chests. The spell reflect is pretty hard to come by though. As for level 5 tmaps, they drop the "good stuff" too and ive found rings in those as well. Just speaking from months of doing lockpicking on level 4 dungeon chests and like 30 level 5 tmaps i found in an Idoc. Good Luck! Happy Hunting.

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Degamra wrote:A chest thats dry looted, even if you dont take it all, respawns faster empty.
x10000000

Just toss the crap on the ground if you don't want it, but empty the chest (please)! Seems I am always behind someone that takes the *good* loot but leaves the pots, jewels and scrolls in the chest.

Regarding loot.. I've harvested a ton of reflect, invis and teleport items from dungeon chests and I've only been doing chests for about a month or so (maybe 200 chests). I've also gotten several power weps and only one vanq wep so far. I think the best wep I've harvested so far is a silver exceedingly accurate executioner's axe (of power I think) with ~30 charges of ghoul's touch.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

player 1 wrote:
Degamra wrote:It seems like treasure chest loot is vastly superior but I'm glad to know the high level stuff can indeed drop. Interesting that it takes 100 LP or 95 LP/30 Detect for a level 5. Thank you for the examples!
Hmm, according to UOSA wiki, it takes 95 LP and 60 detect hidden to be able to pick a lvl 5 chest or gm LP.
Yes, thanks, I couldnt remember what the exact amount.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12