Force Game Size

Topics related to Second Age
njhowen

Force Game Size

Post by njhowen »

Hi,

I have been trying to get Force Game Size in Razor to work but whenever I try it makes the client lock up and crash, when trying to enter the game it will not load. I havent been trying to push it... any idea what is wrong or how I can get this to work?

Also - does anyone play in full screen mode? If I try and play in full screen mode the screen constantly flashes. I am trying to get it so the game isnt playing just in a tiny box and either get more info on the screen or make that box a little bigger.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Force Game Size

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

njhowen wrote:Hi,

I have been trying to get Force Game Size in Razor to work but whenever I try it makes the client lock up and crash, when trying to enter the game it will not load. I havent been trying to push it... any idea what is wrong or how I can get this to work?

Also - does anyone play in full screen mode? If I try and play in full screen mode the screen constantly flashes. I am trying to get it so the game isnt playing just in a tiny box and either get more info on the screen or make that box a little bigger.
In your paperdoll go to options and Click the Eye tab and select how big u want your screen make sure CPU usage is unchecked in razor and also make sure ur running Ultima in compatibility mode i use win xp sp3
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

njhowen

Post by njhowen »

Yeh it is as large as it can go 800x600 :( Ironic that I am running top end spec pc and having compatibility problems lol

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

its not about your pc its about the game the game runs best on windows XP and hasnt been updated to run on win 7 or 8 so u have to dumb your computer down to run it properly and if ur running in 800*600 thats as big as it gets if u wanna play in fullscreen ur gonna need to change the properties to run in win xp sp3 or lower
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

njhowen

Post by njhowen »

Already running in xp compatibility mode :(

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

Try this:

Put both Razor and UO in comptability mode for Win XP SP3.

Start Razor. Log into UO.

Go into the UO options gump set the game window and full screen resolution to the highest available value. Press Apply. Close gump. (I don't know if this is neccessary, but it's how I have mine and I have no issues forcing game sizes in Razor)

Go to the Razor "More Options" tab. Check the box for force game window size and enter the resolution you desire. (I find 1024 x 768 to be the max). Now go back to the UO options gump and simply press Apply. Your game window size should immeidately change.

Hope this helps.