Logging in for the first time - character creation

Topics related to Second Age
Nicko Foul

Logging in for the first time - character creation

Post by Nicko Foul »

Hi there. Logging in to this server for the first time. I try to create the first character but as soon as I choose my skills and hit the arrow for next, the client freezes up and stops.

Logging in to the Tutorial works fine, I assume because there is a character ready for selection.

Any ideas?

Really keen to get in and play here, but if I can't even create my character, that ruins it a little!

Thanks!

Orion GM B^D

Re: Logging in for the first time - character creation

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Try dl'ing the client that is for UOSA. Sometimes other shards clients wont work here.

Also you can choose the cities to be born by clicking on any city.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

AFAIK only the Warrior and Advanced choices from the character selection screen work here, just in case that's the issue.

Nicko Foul

Post by Nicko Foul »

Thanks for the quick reply Onion :)

The client I am running at the moment is patched to 7.0.19.0 without any additional patches or modifications. Is it best just to download the client supplied on the website and use that? Is it possible to run two different versions of the client?

Nicko Foul

Post by Nicko Foul »

Jill Stihl wrote:AFAIK only the Warrior and Advanced choices from the character selection screen work here, just in case that's the issue.
Those are the only two I tried because I know they are staples on any shard. Really keen to get in the the action already haha.

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Nicko Foul wrote:
Jill Stihl wrote:AFAIK only the Warrior and Advanced choices from the character selection screen work here, just in case that's the issue.
Those are the only two I tried because I know they are staples on any shard. Really keen to get in the the action already haha.
Welcome! If You Want Me To Show You The Ropes, Meet Me In Forest NW Of Britain. I Can't Go Into Town Right Now(Bug). I'd Be More Then Willing.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Nicko Foul wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Onion :)

The client I am running at the moment is patched to 7.0.19.0 without any additional patches or modifications. Is it best just to download the client supplied on the website and use that? Is it possible to run two different versions of the client?
It is best to dl the uosa client from the website. When you login with razor you can change to uosa, but if you
have another client from another shard in you program files, I cant say which razor will choose to load.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

As others have stated, try getting the UOSA client and see if that fixes your problem. If it were me in this situation, I would keep your patched client as well; just install UOSA to a different location (folder).

I have done this because I am trying to test the differences in performance between the UOSA client and a patched client, HOWEVER... all of my characters have been created on the UOSA client.

PS- I also needed two different versions of Razor, which is annoying, but works.

Good luck!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Nicko Foul

Post by Nicko Foul »

Thanks for the assistance there people!

Installing the UOSA client with its own Razor worked a treat.

Find me at WBB begging for assistance.

Nicko.

nightfishing

Post by nightfishing »

Just in case anyone else is experiencing this problem because of a non-uosa client, the "lock-up" after character creation is normally not a true lock-up. If you click the right green arrow at the bottom right of the screen, you will join the game but you will be in Yew. The problem seems to be with the city selection screen not jiving with non-uosa clients.

I know there are some clients that truly freeze up with no option but to restart the client, and I am not talking about those cases. If, however, you are just itching to get into the game and prefer to get the uosa client later, try clicking the green arrow as described above.
[23:59] <notorious> STFU NAPKIN YOURE NEW
[23:59] <[napkin]> lol
[23:59] <notorious> STOP NAMEDROPPING