Hello from a new player, and some newbie questions

Topics related to Second Age
Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Hello from a new player, and some newbie questions

Post by Francois424 »

Hi everyone,

I played UO from early 1998 to about mid-2000, I loved crafting and had 3 active characters back then 2 for crafting, and one for pure melee (mace+shield fighter). Never was one to go with the Flavor of the Month in character builts, and usually with what I loved best (that's the best way to play the game imho). I love sitting in town (or my house when I have one), doing crafting while relaxing mussic is playing in my room... Not a fan of PKing (or being PKed, of course) and I usually leave PKs in their spot while I hunt my less profitable ones, even if it takes longer.

Eventually (and you'll find a reference to this in the "So I stated a Tailor" thread) New dev-teams and new rules introduced in late T2A drove me away from the game, as my merchant playstyle had been near destroyed by the Tailoring nerf-patch (which VERY UNFORTUNATELY is on this server; I *hope* for a price revision, but as nothing happened in over 2 years based on topic dates... well, still hoping). So I left UO then and never looked back... until about 2005 when I seriously got fed-up of the class/level themepark kind of games. Unfortunately, my searches came up empty as beside the now Wow-ified UO that EA is still running, nothing intersting has graced the internet. I am hoping that "Shroud of the Avatar" from Lord British(tm) will rectify that eventually.

So I decided (yes even with outrageous tailoring prices for the town merchants... what!? NO I will never let it go... so fix it please :mrgreen: ) to join your community and give the game a new go. Boy am I lost, took me 5 minutes to realise that I needed to type commands, and another 5 to remember that "Buy" isnt enough, and that I need to write "Vendor Buy/Sell" to get somewhere.

Ok for the questions, just bear with me as I didn't play this for like 14 years.

1- I have this constant "fliker" at the top of the screen when playing fullscreen... Any tips on fixing it ?

2- When in fullscreen mode, I am losing part of the screen. (ie: missing a few good lines where the skill-ups show up at the bottom). Any way to make the game fit my screen (I know what a concept, lol, gotta love these old games).

3- How do I turn off the In-game music ?

4- From memory there where macros I used to run, like F1 to say "Vendor Buy the Bank from the Guards" or something like that... there was also shortcuts for using mark/recall quickly, or to use my sewing kit and the likes... Where do I access macros from ?

More questions to come as I try and play more. Man I feel like such a newbie... it's great (and disturbing at the same time!)

PS: Nice to meet all of you. I hope that we'll meet in-game on good terms, and not staring the barrel of your gun, errrr, crossbow.
-- François

okgoace

Re: Hello from a new player, and some newbie questions

Post by okgoace »

In razor you can re-vamp your game window size.
The sound and macros > if you go into your paperdoll click options : sound is first tab, macros is bottom right tab.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

okgoace wrote:In razor you can re-vamp your game window size.
The sound and macros > if you go into your paperdoll click options : sound is first tab, macros is bottom right tab.
Thank you, I shall try these when I get home tonight.

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

No problem, feel free to reply back with any more questions or problems you encounter, this is a pretty helpful community.

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

to get rid of the flicker at the top in full screen mode, turn of your display/counters in razor.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Francois424 wrote:1- I have this constant "fliker" at the top of the screen when playing fullscreen... Any tips on fixing it ?
Check out General Settings and Settings for Win7 here: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor
Francois424 wrote:2- When in fullscreen mode, I am losing part of the screen. (ie: missing a few good lines where the skill-ups show up at the bottom). Any way to make the game fit my screen (I know what a concept, lol, gotta love these old games).
As someone said you can adjust your screen size in Razor, but in case you are referring to the black/grey area, some of that is unavoidable. Anyways, another link for Razor! It describes more of the options: http://www.rwuo.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _Beginners
Francois424 wrote:3- How do I turn off the In-game music ?
Open your paperdoll, from the menu bar or by double clicking your character (not mounted) and click the options button. The sound options should be the first tab. The horn looking thing.
Francois424 wrote:4- From memory there where macros I used to run, like F1 to say "Vendor Buy the Bank from the Guards" or something like that... there was also shortcuts for using mark/recall quickly, or to use my sewing kit and the likes... Where do I access macros from ?
For in game created macros, go into options again and select the tab with the circular-arrow, bottom left? To get a shortcut for recall or marking (spells) just pull the spell icon out of your spell book. You can also pull skills out of your skill list to be used as buttons.

You can also create macros and set hot-keys in Razor. Those links above should help some.

Good luck!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Making your screen bigger sometimes has a negative effect when trying to place a house, your screen goes black. Putting the game window in the top left corner helps but not always.

If you encounter this problem just change the screen back to the original size, that is what I do.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Thanks, heading home in 2hrs will try all of that then. :D