Jhelom is jacked!

Topics related to Second Age
KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Jhelom is jacked!

Post by KWK »

Yesterday I was in Jhelom with my blue character with blue status and I was killed by a grey flagged noob just running around in town by the bank. I was in a guard zone in front of the bank when this happened. I called guards the entire time trying to get away from this guy but unfortunately I was pked right in town. Last time I checked guards did not exist in bucs den how did this happen in Jehlom? I also notice whenever I use my bank account in Jhelom the graphic of the item I put in the bank is still shown in my bag even though it is not still there. I also have taken weapons off my paper doll and put in the bank and they remain in my paper doll but do not act as if I have them equipped except when I do spells it shows the weapon still in my hand while I am casting the spell. I do not know if this era supports casting weapons but no matter what I do in this town things just are quirky and I have issues why is all this? Anyone else experiencing issues in this town?

Millerisfuntoplay

Re: Jhelom is jacked!

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

Ive had no issues there. Sounds like you should avoid jhelom tho =)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Did you attack him when he was grey?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Yes I was trying to fight back but I had nothing on my char at the time because I was reorganizing my bank account during this lucky me...

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I should have asked: Did you attack him before he did?

If you did, then you cannot call guards on him for defending himself.

Alternatively, he might have aggroed on you to turn grey (without actually doing damage), no one called guards on him for 20 secs (or whatever the guards time limit is) and then came back so you auto-defended and effectively attacked him, that gave him free reign to "defend himself".

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Even if a grey walks into town and I auto defend guards do not care? I was under the impression if anyone in town was grey then all it takes is on person to call guards and he is done for?

Xantim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Xantim »

If you attack a grey inside guardzone he can fight back and kill you and loot you.

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

OK but if the grey attacks first then he can be guard whacked?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Xantim wrote:If you attack a grey inside guardzone he can fight back and kill you and loot you.
This statement is correct.

Yes, IF someone calls guards during the first 20 or so seconds after he aggroes.

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

OK thanks for your help I have a better understanding of how it all works now. To think I thought I was safe in town crazy me. Time to save for a house in the middle of nowhere in hopes I can organize in peace...

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is not the appropriate section of the forum to as questions regarding gameplay. If you have these sorts of questions, you should post them to the Second Age Discussion sub-forum. I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

What is the appropriate forum?