r/uosecondage contest - 100k prizes

Topics related to Second Age
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

r/uosecondage contest - 100k prizes

Post by chumbucket »

www.reddit.com/r/uosecondage

The new, unofficial UOSA subreddit needs to be spruced up for public consumption. As such, there are three contests ongoing, each with 100k to the winner:

1. We need a banner! Post your banners to the subreddit along with your forum name here. The winning banner maker gets 100k.

2. We need a reddit guy. Same as the above!

3. Find your favorite forum post and link it from the post at the subreddit. A random entry will receive 100k!

www.reddit.com/r/uosecondage

Service Unknown

Re: r/uosecondage contest - 100k prizes

Post by Service Unknown »

Edit: Going to move it to reddit.

And to chum, is this not to get attention and have some fun?

If not, I understood it all wrong them.
Last edited by Service Unknown on Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Why do you even post on these forums?

Durham

Post by Durham »

Good on you, excellent idea. I don't have reddit yet but I'll definitely be getting involved.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Durham wrote:Good on you, excellent idea. I don't have reddit yet but I'll definitely be getting involved.

You have the greatest sig ever.

I remember being like 5 years old and playing that game. If you picked Honky Tonk Man, the little guitar or music note power up would bounce along the ring. I remember Andre was unbeatable.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

What size does the banner graphic need to be?

And can we use components of existing UOSA produced graphics? Logo, etc...for consistancy.

Coversely, if there are no submissions I'd be happy to work with you to get you what you want...for the 100k, of course :)

oOo
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Workdawg

Post by Workdawg »

The oOo wrote:What size does the banner graphic need to be?

And can we use components of existing UOSA produced graphics? Logo, etc...for consistancy.
I think this needs to be answered, the logos and things are most certainly property of the owners of the server, so we'd need permission to use them.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Coversely, if there are no submissions I'd be happy to work with you to get you what you want...for the 100k, of course :)

oOo

From what I understand, there's no real limit to banner size. However, one example video I saw provided an example of height = 200, width = 1500.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Bixby Legbone wrote:

oOo

From what I understand, there's no real limit to banner size. However, one example video I saw provided an example of height = 200, width = 1500.

yea...I suppose I could guess...or pick my own size. There can be design issues with scaling after the fact if I go too large in one direction or the other...as an example.

Using your 200x1500....and let's use a common social site, Facebook which has a MAX cover graphic size of 851x315...

So now to get my 200x1500 banner to fit that site I've got to scale the width DOWN, but if I constrain the properties [scale the height down equally to the width reduction to keep my design in proportion] and avoid any stretching or, in this case shrinkage I'll end up with a 815 wide sliver of a graphic....

To fix THAT I'd then need to stretch the height back out to some view-able dimension but this will now also stretch the design out of proportion, making it look stretched...now I'm redesigning it to fit the new size....I'd rather just ask the question...

but since there has been no response anyways...I may have to research the answer myself... :)
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Durham

Post by Durham »

Menkaure wrote:
Durham wrote:Good on you, excellent idea. I don't have reddit yet but I'll definitely be getting involved.

You have the greatest sig ever.

I remember being like 5 years old and playing that game. If you picked Honky Tonk Man, the little guitar or music note power up would bounce along the ring. I remember Andre was unbeatable.
Haha yeah - cheers bro

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

bump
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Have there been any winners as of yet?