red mage vendor?

Topics related to Second Age
Johnnylittle

red mage vendor?

Post by Johnnylittle »

what happened to the red vendor in the hidden valley, did we get rid of him?

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: red mage vendor?

Post by keelonzo »

I disposed of this vile murderer and relieved him of his footwear!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Johnnylittle wrote:what happened to the red vendor in the hidden valley, did we get rid of him?
He meets an untimely demise on account of his trendy footwear....which is odd as its easier to kill the mages in town for their footwear. To each their own, I suppose.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Light Shade wrote:
Johnnylittle wrote:what happened to the red vendor in the hidden valley, did we get rid of him?
He meets an untimely demise on account of his trendy footwear....which is odd as its easier to kill the mages in town for their footwear. To each their own, I suppose.

do tell, if there is an easy way to town kill npc's - takes me forever getting guard whacked.

Wil

Post by Wil »

keelonzo wrote:
Light Shade wrote:

do tell, if there is an easy way to town kill npc's - takes me forever getting guard whacked.
Moongates and purple pots?

Tom

Post by Tom »

keelonzo wrote:
Light Shade wrote:

Purple pots, new 50/50 chars and razor macros. Can get 3 pots off before guards get called.

Or you can off screen attack, make sure no npcs are on your screen and the npc/player you want to kill is slightly off screen.

Lastly would be castable poison, but the mages npcs could cure... someone correct me if I am wrong.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not sure if they cure, but off-screen attack seems to be the easiest
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

When I tried I couldn't get the purple pots to work just right and the off-screen attack was thwarted - maybe an npc was close and I didnt know.... just took forever poisoning....

I'll give it some more tries. Thanks!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I use a store-bought Kryss to do my town assassinations.

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Its been years now since I killed npc's for sandals as I find colors aren't really desirable anymore but I would box said npc and then gate/purple pot....very easy very quick but something could have changed since then of course. This was back when you could still get blacks, blood reds, bridals etc....

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I find the easiest way is to pop a gate, throw a single purple, and hop through the gate before it goes off. Once the Guards can no longer be called, I return and can murder them without any consequences.

Regarding Hidden Valley, I believe the spawn there was changed to shoes, anyways. And that was quite some time ago.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Jay

Post by Jay »

usually a pet does the trick.. summoned or otherwise.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

i think it spawns both eo randomly sandals or shoes
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I find the easiest way is to pop a gate, throw a single purple, and hop through the gate before it goes off. Once the Guards can no longer be called, I return and can murder them without any consequences.

Regarding Hidden Valley, I believe the spawn there was changed to shoes, anyways. And that was quite some time ago.
Aye this is the way I used to do it as well.

BTW Hidden Valley's mage does infact spawn sandals and shoes.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Store-bought Kryss is the most efficient use of resources. Only do the purple pots when you can't lure one out of sight of other NPC's. Play with it a bit, you can lure NPC's through an entire town right past the guards if you actually have a clue what you're doing. ;)