Just hanging out and having a secret meeting. Staff event :(

Topics related to Second Age
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Just hanging out and having a secret meeting. Staff event :(

Post by GuardianKnight »

THIS IS A REVIEW:

After a few hours of sitting and waiting with a few people, nothing happened. Remember Remember the 6th of november, maybe?

THis was the event that Derrick advertised in July because nothing happened for independence day.

This building popped up on the 5th of november. The npc gave out gunpowder for an undisclosed reason (terror).

People spent the entire day trying to figure out clues and asked the npc questions, hoping to get the right commands.

Most thought that the event hinged on us figuring it out.

It turned out that the event didn't happen. We sat there long past midnight.

Pros:

Vega sit in that area in the picture telling a man's wife how much of a dirty nasty thing she was (putting in mildly). Said husband/boyfriend wasn't very strong to tell vega he was wrong. Said female used language that a teenage boy in a FPS would use.

We got to feel clever for being in a place that was probably not intended to be infiltrated.

Hardcore was there to pick up the slack with his event. He gave people bags with house deeds in them. (I handed mine to a random LAW member in brit)

Cons:
No communication. This was obviously intended to happen on the 5th of November. A whole lot of people sit there for ages. We soon realized that staff had to have long been to bed and many of us went to sleep. Some stayed.

The npc was easily exploited. People could set a box out near the npc, put the explosives in it, and they would instantly respawn in their packs. There were people with 200+ explosives. (hope this event isn't easily exploited by this fact).

The npc order guards would attack you for having explosives, but if you fought them and nearly won, they would respawn instantly. YOu would have to gank the crap out of each one for it to die. DIdn't see anyone bother.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

montier

Re: Just hanging out and having a secret meeting.

Post by montier »

Where is this.. it looks like the justice symbol in the upper right.. but it isn't the justice shrine

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

montier wrote:Where is this.. it looks like the justice symbol in the upper right.. but it isn't the justice shrine
:lol:
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I was just there and talked to someone who said they were handing out fire crackers last night. Apparently the npc's would attack you if you had them in your pack. Wonder if there's going to be anything else going on there...

montier

Post by montier »

wow I feel like a tool.. shows how much time i spend in britain's ghetto

Do you teleport to get up there?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Just hanging out and having a secret meeting. Staff even

Post by GuardianKnight »

Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I sure told that pretty lady! No but seriously, huge waste of my time.

P.S. I ran a large portion of the towns and map looking for Guy in hopes that I would win the event.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I lold at the vega pArt.

Seriously though this is a shame.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

OMG, I totally called this in a different thread!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

BTW Guy Fawkes never actually blew up parliament, his plans were thwarted and he was executed.

So it makes sense that nothing is going to happen lol.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Shameful triple post!

I think the whole point of this event was to have some fun and provide a little historical awareness at the same time.

I don't see why there would be any "winners" or prizes... Take it for what it is fellas.

Brilliant event in my opinion.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I'm not letting up! I want to blow that magnificent b@st3rd UP.

Is that a crime????

IS IT??

LotharTheGreat

Post by LotharTheGreat »

Gun powder last night, and fire crackers tonight? You would think you should be able to use them together for something. Actually blow some stuff up...
chumbucket wrote:Chess isn't for everyone. But ... knights move in L's, and that is the nature of things.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

You play UO, wasting your time is fun. Nerd stop complaining.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

son wrote:You play UO, wasting your time is fun. Nerd stop complaining.
It's a review.