bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
WarmApplepie

Re: bring em back

Post by WarmApplepie »

Lord Mammoth wrote:
Abyz wrote:
Treysta wrote:
Abyz wrote:Boom... You know I love you and you're doing a helluva job... But BEB.
preaching to the choir there abyz

hint: boom isn't the one that's holding back progression
Ohhh I know. :(

Anyone heard from Lord Blaze, aka GM Mammoth?
I moved to Texas and have been training my butt off at my new facility. I'm still in touch with all the staff and weigh in on things behind the scenes. Between the new house and work I haven't had any time to get in game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFSdj1J5Vw

#DontBanMeBro
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Where in TX mammy?
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

Abyz wrote:Where in TX mammy?
South Texas
Lord Mammoth

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Lord Mammoth wrote:
Abyz wrote:Where in TX mammy?
South Texas
It lives!!!!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

notoriousbig

Post by notoriousbig »

Capitalist wrote:
notoriousbig wrote:whts the shrd status did we win
Fede and others play after their bans, you coming back too?
no.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

BRING EM BACK
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

notoriousbig

Post by notoriousbig »

reds cant join bagball, im convinced this is trammel. i demand equality.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

notoriousbig wrote:reds cant join bagball, im convinced this is trammel. i demand equality.

Sure, i get what you're saying here... But imagine you could join and even won... Then imagine all the blues gang raping you and taking your trophy. Yea, they could make it so reds could enter, but is it worth it? The only protection you have from being PK'd after getting ejected from the games is the guards. Take that away and it becomes a purplepot orgy of death and trophy stealing.

Shit, now it sounds awesome. Yea lets remove the guards from the bagball arena!!!
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
notoriousbig wrote:reds cant join bagball, im convinced this is trammel. i demand equality.

Sure, i get what you're saying here... But imagine you could join and even won... Then imagine all the blues gang raping you and taking your trophy. Yea, they could make it so reds could enter, but is it worth it? The only protection you have from being PK'd after getting ejected from the games is the guards. Take that away and it becomes a purplepot orgy of death and trophy stealing.

Shit, now it sounds awesome. Yea lets remove the guards from the bagball arena!!!
Your counter reasoning is also trammel...

not saying that I haven't purple potted people at low life to begin with at the events.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Reds can join Bag Ball, but you'll have to deal with the risk of being red in a guarded region.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Reds can join Bag Ball, but you'll have to deal with the risk of being red in a guarded region.

Bagball requires no in game skills. Bring a new blue player.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I do boom's events on my red sometimes. Mostly potion wars. It's really no different than being blue. If you win an event and aren't an asshole he'll usually put the trophy in your bank.
^

farnk

Post by farnk »

bring em back

kaivain is sittin next to me drinkin mikes hard tryna duel me irl i says no kaivy not til u beb

Jay

Post by Jay »

since these events are nea.. (viewtopic.php?f=148&t=63170) how about just BEB?
(BEB is thug for bring back automated pvp and ctf events)

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

nightshark wrote:bring back events, just don't have a schedule and announce them in game 5 minutes prior.

i don't even get why trammel/loot on death is an issue anyway. tournaments are generally held inside someone's tower/castle and looting will get you a swift ban from the premises. nobody enters these with the hope of looting a gm halberd and a bunch of regs. other events like survival are not even really possible without GM intervention.

the majority of player run tournaments fail badly or are just cancelled due to lack of interest. automated events were great in that sense, just show up and double click the stone if you want to enter. the event itself runs like a well oiled machine.

it's just frustrating to attend player run events, where you don't know if the start time may be delayed by 30 minutes, then the organisation during the event might take another 30, the fights themselves over an hour... possibly standing around bored and frustrated for most the event. not something a player who dedicates a few hours a week to UO is going to undertake... and it shows with the low turnouts and high number of flat out CANCELLED tournaments.
it would be cool to have some unscheduled, daily automated events take place.