....Test Shard..!??!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

....Test Shard..!??!

Post by Kryptokuddlelite »

...just a silly question..is there any reason why we couldnt turn the monster spawns on in the test shard...reason why im asking, is i find myself having only 1 or 2 chars left to macro on the real shard..and would like to fiddle around on test shard to fill time gaps between events and such :)....let me know whats up..
Image]

Maahes

Re: ....Test Shard..!??!

Post by Maahes »

The test shard isn't really for playing or macroing chars (you can set your skills), if there are PvM changes on test you'll be sure to see active spawns though.

Magnus

Post by Magnus »

whats the info for test shard?

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

i know its not for macroing...i was saying i want to play the test shard while my real shard chars are macroing...lol
Image]

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

i believe only difference is on ur razor program when u load it up u enter test.uosecondage instead of just uosecondage
Image]

wetback

Post by wetback »

yeah so kinda sucks on the test shard.. not really alot to do and not many people on it, due inpart to not having any spawns, kinda gets boring.... plz start spawns..

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

wetback wrote:yeah so kinda sucks on the test shard.. not really alot to do and not many people on it, due inpart to not having any spawns, kinda gets boring.... plz start spawns..
What I'm trying to say is its not really suppose to be fun or interesting. It's intended to test upcoming changes. You should use the main server to have fun and fight monsters.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The reason the spawns were removed was simply to lighten server load. It's a really poor and laggy server.

Senses

Post by Senses »

I think for Test Center to be fully functional it needs to be a couple things.

1) A full character copy for all test patch bundles, beginning with a wipe of any character's or character advancement previously on the test server.

2) A staff presence to direct important aspects of the patch and to boot anyone actively hindering testing.

3) A small resident population of mobs. Perhaps Britain, and one dungeon, along with the wildlife around Britain.

4) Encouragement whether it be as simple as forum warrior titles or as grand as actual Trophy points for participating in testing. If people will show up for a 10 minute event they can also show up for 10 minutes of testing.

5) Patches and Testing really deserve a forum in and of themselves to get people excited about what's being considered for future patches, what is being tested in present patches, and a place where player's can freely discuss their reactions and observations. As it stands these conversations boil down to one heavily congested thread in Second Age Discussion that often skews off into 4 or 5 different directions. This one forum should be heavily moderated for removal of all trash talk and attempt to contain cold hard facts and observations.

I'll be honest, I've never been to test, I'm not even sure how though I am pretty sure I could figure it out. I'm willing to bet many players on this shard can say the same. All these things may well exist, but if people like me don't know its just another sympton of system failure. Testing patches is something that not only directly affects everyone on the shard, but gives people ownership in the final product, resulting in far less surprises and patch day drama.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

wow...i wasnt really intending all of this lol...hehe i was just wondering if there was a way to create a few spawns (drags..balrons..ect)..so i could play around for a little while..but if it creates to many problems with the server i see why there arent any..but thxn derrick for answering my question lol...anyways.a test shard is just a test shard...it doesnt require really anything from anyone...was just askin if there could be a few monsters as well as all the npc's in the towns...lol thnx :)
Image]