Guild of Eternal Shadow

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Guild of Eternal Shadow

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

The Fire Tunnels

It's been proven that the volcano at the Isle of Fire has a cave that is affiliated with the Guild of Eternal Shadow.

This cave is uncharted, but a captive guild member exposed information while on his death bed. Because of this, we now have a basic sketch of the cave as seen below.

Now the part you're probably wondering about.... how do you get in?

We learned that the cave entrance will only be unblocked with action taken by the Guild. Hidden in Britannia are 4 switches.

1. Each switch must be triggered before the cave is accessible.

2. Each switch is colored with the deep red known to be a color of the Guild.

3. Each switch is engraved by the Guild.

4. Each switch will vanish upon use. One boulder blocking the cave entrance will vanish as well.

5. No switch is in the same city as any other switch.

6. One switch is in a home north of Bay Side Road.

7. One switch is at holy place on an island town.

8. One switch is on a small island a short distance from the mainland.

9. One switch is at the Paladin's Shrine.

----

Good luck, the Fire Tunnels await you!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The Drummer hath found the Paladin shrine switch!

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Bay Side Road switch was found in East Britain.

Drum Solo and Noctavian are starting a new band. We were going door to door to see if anyone would buy our new CD. Came across this house northeast of east Britain bank with a red button....
Attachments
1BritButton1.jpg
1BritButton1.jpg (129.91 KiB) Viewed 8553 times

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

8. One switch is on a small island a short distance from the mainland.
island.png
island.png (232.69 KiB) Viewed 8547 times

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

At the Fane of Pride the final switch was found:
bonsaitreeswitch.jpg
bonsaitreeswitch.jpg (112.51 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
My sight was poor, and its cunning placement at first eluded me, but not the intrepid adventure seekers who soon joined me.

Ignoring my timid cautions, Noctavian and the Lord of the Drum Solo were poised to flip the switch ... !

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Entered the Volcano last night but had to flee quickly as it was overrun with bloodrock orcs and titans amongst other fired up creatures!

Returned this morning to a much quieter scene, the orcs seem to have vacated but still plenty of danger in the shadows!

A few items of note:
Beehive.jpg
Beehive.jpg (12.38 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
wine.jpg
wine.jpg (28.82 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
rats.jpg
rats.jpg (34.43 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
Has Nate been upto his old tricks again or is this a copycat?, does this fine wine turn you into a green rat!!?
globe.jpg
globe.jpg (29.66 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
Jersens globe has been found but what of its relevance?

Would love to have one of these (charged)
wand.jpg
wand.jpg (25.51 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
Is this the domain of the Titan God Pyros!!?

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

After stories of a new cave travelling the land, Jasper an expert in iron procurement comes to investigate...
jasper-investigates.png
jasper-investigates.png (222.54 KiB) Viewed 8459 times
"Looks like iron ore! Yet I can't seem to find any iron here in the ground."

"I've heard rumors of the recreation of a legendary dagger, perhaps it's ingots were smelted here?"

Jasper plays his hypnotic music trying to distract the evil creatures while he tries to procure some iron ores.

"Alas, I hear a horse coming this way. Someone must have heard my fine music coming from the cave."

Jasper hides while he investiagtes the forge, but no metal is to be found even though there is evidence of mining activity.

Jasper nearly met a bitter end, until the traveller (from earlier) which turned out to be very kind ressurected him.
Upon further investigation, no iron ores besides what lies on the ground and in the carts can be found in this cave.

Perhaps this is from the ore supplies of the old mining tunnels in Shame? Did the Guild of Eternal Shadows use their fine forges to smelt the ingots for their order?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

The last two days, players have started to find switches which have slowly been revealing the pathway on the lava pit. There's one more set of switches out there in the World before the event will progress. Review past clues (NPCs, locations, books/journals) from this storyline to find the missing switches. Places or people mentioned by name may be of value. For the record, the switches didn't show up until after the Fire Tunnels were unlocked.

Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Spoiler Alert.... This is how we got this far, like Boom said we are missing one set of switches.

Was hoping Rose was going to do this it would have came out better but here goes...

Down from lava pit their is a gate with a book next to it.

Talks about loose lip drifters on the docks. Rose and I hunt for this talker.
Attachments
Found at last,  says few things, but if you say "Rotten Tooth" twice he spills it.  Minoc he says!
Found at last, says few things, but if you say "Rotten Tooth" twice he spills it. Minoc he says!
2step1.jpg (91.21 KiB) Viewed 8378 times
Off to search the Minoc area for the next clue...
Off to search the Minoc area for the next clue...
2step2.jpg (83.58 KiB) Viewed 8378 times
Rose beat me to it, but a map was left behind of local delivery route in Minoc travern.  Route ends in Vesper...Lets see where this leads!
Rose beat me to it, but a map was left behind of local delivery route in Minoc travern. Route ends in Vesper...Lets see where this leads!
2step3.jpg (85.05 KiB) Viewed 8378 times
I stepped up my game and found the "Rotten Tooth Tavern" before Rose.  I quickly informed my new ally (until this event is over then I am sure we will be killing each other, well mainly me dying but back to the story)
I stepped up my game and found the "Rotten Tooth Tavern" before Rose. I quickly informed my new ally (until this event is over then I am sure we will be killing each other, well mainly me dying but back to the story)
2step4.jpg (96.11 KiB) Viewed 8378 times
Last edited by Happy Gilmore on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

The list of names from the book at Rotten Tooth is where we have found most of the switches. However we missed some.

I think we had trouble with Dom (which is dead from last event) and Dwight. but could be at any of them. Some places had more than one around the area. Here is picture of tiny red switch...
Attachments
2step5.jpg
2step5.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 8374 times

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

It would help greatly if whoever has hit switches could come forward and share the location.

Switches that Happy and I found are as follows

Sir Sam's - 3 switches near Allistor Gordons house in Trinsic
Blackthrones Guards - 2 switches in Blackthrones keep within Britain

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

After searching day and night the last of the Lava Pit switches have been found!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Access:
To get to the Shattered City location, you'll find a gate in Britain, near the West Bank or within the Fire Tunnels (murderer access). Both of these gates will bring you to the center of town. The tile you appear on (seen in the first image below) is a reverse portal back to the Fire Tunnels. To escape the city you can use the recall spell, the red moongate on the road south of town, or any sparkling Shrine tiles.

Shattered Cities
The Guild of Eternal Shadow have been around Sosaria since the early days, when Wolfgang ruled the land.

Building upon Mondain’s work and the Stranger’s mistake of shattering the Gem of Immortality, the Guild has found a way to shatter the shards of Sosaria further, wreaking havoc on all. By bending time and space, the Guild has created unexpected and chaotic landscapes. The Shattered City of Moonglow was but one of their many tests.

Welcome to the Shattered City of Moonglow, once an exact likeness of Moonglow, now home to the Guild of Eternal Shadow. Upon arrival, you’ll see a familiar hedge maze, but do not be fooled, this is not Moonglow and treating it as such will lead to your demise.

Escaping the city itself is a mystery. We have reports from escaped prisoners that Shrine altars will teleport you back to the World you know and love.

Should you die in the Shattered City, you will find a lone healer far south of the city limits in a place veteran adventurers may recognize. Along with this healer are a few other NPCs who have sought out refuge. There is also a gate here to Buc’s Den.

This area is not guarded.

Some tips when adventuring in the Shattered City.

1. Some travel spells will not help you. Teleport, mark, and gate travel have been blocked by the Guild.

2. The disorienting and strange landscaping is intentional. Some walls may be walls. Some walls may not be walls.

3. Puzzles and mysteries. Be on the lookout for levers switches - some obvious and others not so much. Secret Agents, put your brain juices to work! These may appear and disappear depending on the time of day.

4. Spawns range from low difficulty to high difficulty. All creatures have a chance to drop silver, trophies, and hued cloth.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Boomland...it seems you strive to outdo yourself each time you put a new event into play. Thank you for all your efforts and for the great fun we are having!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Baddum

Post by Baddum »

Not sure if this has been going on since the beginning, but just had a crapload of Lizardmen and Ratman Mages begin constantly spawning in Weaponsmith shop on NW end. Had to log off to get to work, but could be something important??