Guild of Eternal Shadow

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Nickodemuse

Re: Guild of Eternal Shadow

Post by Nickodemuse »

Not sure what this relates to, current event or old?

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

im struggling with the puzzles!

They seem to be plotting an assasination of Lord British, in the building with the ethereal serpents they have a blood sample from LB and some deadly poison, or are they trying to create a fake LB using his blood?

Theres quite a few random books around including 3 under ground where Martin is hanging out near a pile of clocks?? but seem to be just general stories about time past or future such as one about Juka? can we expect Trammel soon?
Also sure I seen a book on benches near the big telescope, but wasnt there last time I checked? so must be on a timer
1.jpg
1.jpg (188.72 KiB) Viewed 6176 times

Theres also the interstellar reference, but havent found Matthew McConaughey in any of the bookcases yet....

EDIT: also thought the serpent crests might have some relevance, checked serpent pillars and ophidian lair for possible clues but no joy, could be linked to the wall of light though, do we need to use blackrock to activate the wall??

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Rest easy folks, I came through once again. Judge *kisses right arm* and "Jury" *kisses left arm* has ruled!
Attachments
1martin1.jpg
1martin1.jpg (165.41 KiB) Viewed 6168 times
1martin2.jpg
1martin2.jpg (165.59 KiB) Viewed 6168 times

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

After killing the evil Martin! I received a parade. I am a big deal around here...
Attachments
1martin3.jpg
1martin4.jpg

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

The Ancient Lycaeum

Stories have gotten out that an underground library exists under the Shattered City of Moonglow. Seek out the apple orchard building for the entrance.

Upon entrance, it appears to be simply a dormitory for Spellswords - those trained in the art of combat and arcana. Another noteworthy observation; this passageway was (is?) part of the Ancient Lycaeum.

There is much to be learned down here. Books and time. Time and books.

Currently, the only known occupant of this place is Martin.

Information for Adventurers
The eastern hallway of the dormitory has been blocked off by stone.
What could be behind the stone wall?

Unlocking the secrets of this underground chamber is necessary to progress the tale and to purge the Shattered City of the Guild.

I’m interested in seeing (or hearing) people’s stories from the Shattered City chapter. Post your pictures and tell your tales (PVM, PVP, Exploration, etc).
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

The clocks gave us a hint to check out the village of Yew. I happen to be the "King of Yew" so, I knew my way around very well.
Attachments
1yewswitch1.jpg
1yewswitch1.jpg (131.23 KiB) Viewed 6114 times
1yewswitch2.jpg
1yewswitch2.jpg (152.12 KiB) Viewed 6114 times

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The recent red switches that have been found in Yew were the key to opening the East path in the underground Ancient Lycaeum. The drummer, the shirtless bard, and the tamer decided to take a load off and enjoy camp...

After enjoying some Sosarian marshmallows they decided to explore. A long northern path riddled with gnarly tree's and an air of mystery lay before them....

The adventurer's came across a decrepit dock and the most hopeless fisherman in all the lands.... I am afraid any fish he may eat will fall through his brittle bones and onto the floor to rot and decay.

The remains of the fisherman's crew were found as well as a day log left behind ages ago.... It seem's a tragedy happened on the third day - for the author of this book never returned to finish his log...

Inside the old shack a few items of interest were discovered... An enslaved shard of Britannia? This artifact has been seen before! Whatever darkness happened here is unknown at this time.... The peaceful winemaker's and fishermen have met a grim end at the hands of evil....

Caster the fisherman was called in to perhaps fish up some evidence around the area.... Nothing but sickly fish were pulled up from the foul waters.

The four adventurer's continued down the long path to the north and were met with a locked door.... The cackles of a Necromancer were heard from within. It is apparent that the Guild of Eternal Shadow has been lurking down here in this forgotten swamp... What they are doing here is unknown at this time...

Jalopy

Post by Jalopy »

I noticed the grapes were poisoned. Not sure if this has something to do with getting into the next room.

I don't have a fisherman but I was wondering if fishing near the leaves would help.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

It is with great regret and sorrow that I must announce the death of Butternutz.... He was a good mare, frisky at times. He once nibbled on the derriere of the shirtless bard Noctavian.

He is gone now, and will be forgotten in about 2 hours time. Please join me in a moment of silence for this majestic beast.

*Silence*

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Could Rose and Happy Gilmore please stop posting pointless posts that have no substance and that no one cares about.

They are missing a ton of details that have been found and aren't relevant to this puzzle.

No one really cares about their social adventure on UOSA, and clearly the appropriate place for that would be in the "Tales of Adventure" section of the forums.

If we could nip it in the bud, that would be great.

These threads get pretty long and can be tedious to go through.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Taboo wrote:Could Rose and Happy Gilmore please stop posting pointless posts that have no substance and that no one cares about.

They are missing a ton of details that have been found and aren't relevant to this puzzle.

No one really cares about their social adventure on UOSA, and clearly the appropriate place for that would be in the "Tales of Adventure" section of the forums.

Discussions and narratives from the event and in the event spaces are encouraged. The table of contents should help you navigate through some of the noise though as I typically link to key posts.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Taboo wrote:Could Rose and Happy Gilmore please stop posting pointless posts that have no substance and that no one cares about.

I rather enjoy their posts....
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Jalopy

Post by Jalopy »

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:

Discussions and narratives from the event and in the event spaces are encouraged. The table of contents should help you navigate through some of the noise though as I typically link to key posts.
When you say discussions and narratives, you are talking about posting pictures of a mare that died? On a thread such as this, I wouldn't put it past a player that clearly seeks constant attention to intentionally kill his mare and then post a picture of himself saying a quirky remark over it. Would you? Needed to be said. It's probably going to happen again and again.

And to top it all off, there is plenty of information that hasn't even been posted yet. It's going to be a longgggg thread. :)

But you run things how you want to boom,

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Taboo wrote: When you say discussions and narratives, you are talking about posting pictures of a mare that died? On a thread such as this, I wouldn't put it past a player that clearly seeks constant attention to intentionally kill his mare and then post a picture of himself saying a quirky remark over it. Would you? Needed to be said. It's probably going to happen again and again.
I did ask people to share such stories a few days ago in this post (or see below for quick-quote)
Boomland Jenkins wrote: I’m interested in seeing (or hearing) people’s stories from the Shattered City chapter. Post your pictures and tell your tales (PVM, PVP, Exploration, etc).
Taboo wrote: And to top it all off, there is plenty of information that hasn't even been posted yet. It's going to be a longgggg thread. :)
Instead of calling out Rose on his post, why not share some of this information that hasn't been posted yet? Discussions like this (talking about whether or not someone's post is relevant) are going to add to the length of the thread :)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.