join days

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

join days

Post by Finesse »

well its just a suggestion but i think it would be a good idea if once a month we had a day where players could start and got a bonus no cash or anything just higher skills than average the main reason people dont shard switch is having to start all over again but i beleive if people could start with pvp skills only ofc lets say 70x7 they would have the push needed to start the shard and stay.

the rules for this would be that no one who already plays here could use this system ie if it was ip unique.

please post any possitives and negitives

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: join days

Post by tekai »

Haha hes asking for UOR Power hour

I love it.

~no
[broken image]

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

im not asking for uor power hour at all

power hour a system where a player logs on once every 24 hours and gets faster gains

join day a day advertising the shard when people can join and get a bonus increaseing the shards player base

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

could do this, but i dont htink you would need any admin help
just have a new player festival all you old farts go to certain spot and help all the new guys all day
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Do we want players not committed enough to develop a character?

Well intended idea but I disagree.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

BlackFoot wrote:could do this, but i dont htink you would need any admin help
just have a new player festival all you old farts go to certain spot and help all the new guys all day
Good idea - promotes community growth
Finesse wrote:well its just a suggestion but i think it would be a good idea if once a month we had a day where players could start and got a bonus no cash or anything just higher skills than average the main reason people dont shard switch is having to start all over again but i beleive if people could start with pvp skills only ofc lets say 70x7 they would have the push needed to start the shard and stay.

the rules for this would be that no one who already plays here could use this system ie if it was ip unique.

please post any possitives and negitives
Bad idea - promotes player laziness
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

i tend to disagree with this.

alot of players come from shards that have died or are dieing as did -F- and alot of players dont have the time to make chars a little push in the right dirrection isnt a bad thing.

i think your forgetting at 70 each skill youve still got the hardest portion to go getting your skills to 70 can be done in a day easy.

so your saving people a day and promoteing the shard.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I dont even think allowing a character with 7x 50skills would even been cool much less 70, if all it takes is a day to macro those skils join up, get friended to safirs houses or message me to stay at the chumbuckets house for wayward noobies and macro your skills for a day...
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

venox

Post by venox »

this is just a gimic.
you want a server to grow, just keep the quality of it.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

RoadKill wrote:
Bad idea - promotes player laziness
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

How about, oh I dunno, not PK'n newbs?
Or perhaps, helping them out?

You know all that shit that isn't worth the space to keep? Put it in a crate in your house and when you have a decent collection, dump it at the Sweet Dreams Inn, or the Healers in Britan..

I just dumped like 5 sets of bone armor and 500 bandages that I found at some IDOC, in Britain last night. Things like this could mean the difference between some newb quitting after an hour of play, and maybe sticking around for a week.

If a newb has an internet friend that they can play with online, they are much more likely to stick around longer and log in more often.. The longer they stick around in the beginning, the longer they will stick around in the future.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Eulogy wrote: Or perhaps, helping them out?
I agree, this is actually fun for me. Trying to keep new or low skill characters alive on a hunt can keep you on your toes :)