Fixing: Bottle Placement when Using Potions

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Fixing: Bottle Placement when Using Potions

Post by MatronDeWinter »

REPORTED ISSUE: Bottle Placement when Using Potions

ISSUE DETAILS: Using a potion "should" deposit the bottle into your backpack instead of at your feet, as noted in the following patch which also advertises the introduction of trash barrels to the housing system. (Simply stated for a time referance)

Thieves Guild, new skills, and more Feb 24 1999 1:06PM
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes
Using a healing potion will now place the empty vial in your backpack, instead of at your feet.
ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: N/A

STEPS TO RECREATE: Use any potion that is not explosive.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Bottles placed in pack

DATE REPORTED: 20 May 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED: May 21, 2009
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Wed May 20, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bottle Placement when Using Potions

Post by Safir »

The people of UOSA might not need to have empty bottles in their scavengers any more! Woot! ;)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Healing potion only?
Discuss :P

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Well, that is certainly a literal interpretation. ;)

If OSI posted things in specific language I’d be forced to say that OSI meant only healing potions however I feel all potions behaved in this manner after this pack, expect explosion of course, because:
  • OSI was very sloppy with their posts
    It would not make sense as to why they only specified healing potions
    And I don’t recall a difference in the mechanics when I played.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I am pretty positive this was an addition for all potions. There is also another inconsistancy with potions here. You should be able to use a potion no matter the circumstance. For example, drinking a cure potion would still use the potion even if not poisoned. The same would hold true for all other potions too. Healing potions can't be used when you're not damage just like cure potions can't be used when you're not poisoned. This was a pain in the ass process when you accidentally drunk the potion but it is era accurate. I think the patch was on or around UOR that disallowed potion use if it would produce no end results.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Derrick wrote:Healing potion only?
Discuss :P
Haha, you're very observant! ;)
Faust wrote:I am pretty positive this was an addition for all potions. There is also another inconsistancy with potions here. You should be able to use a potion no matter the circumstance. For example, drinking a cure potion would still use the potion even if not poisoned. The same would hold true for all other potions too. Healing potions can't be used when you're not damage just like cure potions can't be used when you're not poisoned. This was a pain in the ass process when you accidentally drunk the potion but it is era accurate. I think the patch was on or around UOR that disallowed potion use if it would produce no end results.
I would love this! I've been so annoyed at not being able to use up a potion to gain an empty bottle in case it's needed. I had no idea on how it was supposed to be or how it was, so I just assumed that's the way it was. ;)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I remember all potions/bottles behaving in this manner with the exception to explosion potions of course. I also agree with faust, you used to be able to drink potions even if you were already under their effect and get an empty bottle, however there was still a delay on the Heal potions iirc.

Derrick

Re: Fixing: Bottle Placement when Using Potions

Post by Derrick »

Thanks guys. Will fix.

Faust

Post by Faust »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I remember all potions/bottles behaving in this manner with the exception to explosion potions of course. I also agree with faust, you used to be able to drink potions even if you were already under their effect and get an empty bottle, however there was still a delay on the Heal potions iirc.
Yes, that is definitely correct with the heal potions. The delay always would be applied no matter what.

When you drink the potions the effect animation, sound, etc.. all happened it just would produce no results since you were already at full hp, stam, or whatever effect you were under from the same previous type of potion.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fixing: Bottle Placement when Using Potions

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yup, used to use this as a method to turn usless npc-potions into empty bottles

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”