MA to unparalyze

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

MA to unparalyze

Post by Biohazard »

Correct me if I'm wrong but here there is a chance that a magic arrow will not do any damage (i.e. won’t unparalyze you). Back when I played I never use to carry around pouches yet I didn’t fear being paralyzed ever (unless it was a gank of course). As soon as I saw any person casting paralyze I immediately prepped a magic arrow, and when they cast the spell on me I simply hit myself with the magic arrow and became unparalyzed.

I haven’t come across this in game yet but from what I'm reading there is a chance you can resist a magic arrow and not have damage done to you, thus it does not unparalyze you. Is this correct?

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: MA to unparalyze

Post by Fwerp »

I've never had this happen to me, but it should be pretty solid. Just carry pouches though and put them on a use once agent -- people here occasionally do para gank.

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

I usually prepped clumsy or weaken, but here that does not work if you are already debuffed - you will not unparalyze yourself.

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

If I didn't have pouches, I would precast Harm when an opponent would precast Paralyze.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll look into this. I'm not aware that you can resist ma down to zero damage. I will also try to verify which behavior is correct. It would be my recollection as well that ma would never fail to break para.
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ms -> ma
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Derrick wrote:I'll look into this. I'm not aware that you can resist ms down to zero damage. I will also try to verify which behavior is correct. It would be my recollection as well that ms would never fail to break para.
Not sure if you accidentally typed MS twice but I'm sure the OP was referring to magic arrow ;p

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mazer wrote:Not sure if you accidentally typed MS twice but I'm sure the OP was referring to magic arrow ;p
Thanks, I did type it twice in error :\

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

FYI: I've resisted MA down to zero (or at least it didn't break the para) with my dexer with 50 magery, 50 resist. Just to throw some stats in the thread.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm pretty sure MA can do 0 damage if resisted.

Isn't this why everyone used to use Harm as their disrupt spell instead of MA?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:I'm pretty sure MA can do 0 damage if resisted.

Isn't this why everyone used to use Harm as their disrupt spell instead of MA?
ma is a bad disturb spell as it's casting time is 0.25s + 1s delay - GH is 1.25s alone. then recast delays also.

i played wakoku during my time as a mage on t2a and everyone used weaken as their disturb spell since it was instant and cost less mana than harm. i completely disagree with the fact that there isn't 100% spell disruption on this shard. during both t2a and uo:r disruption was a huge part of my pvp tactics and i always used debuffs to do it. debuff disturbs here are so inconsistent (or rather, consistently bad) that they're not worth using unless you absolutely have to. yes im rambling, i'm hungover, leave me alone
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I too, was a big fan of debuff disruptions. Too bad they don't work that way here..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

nightshark wrote:i completely disagree with the fact that there isn't 100% spell disruption on this shard.
so you are saying that you agree with the fact that there is 100% spell disruption here?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Biohazard wrote:
nightshark wrote:i completely disagree with the fact that there isn't 100% spell disruption on this shard.
so you are saying that you agree with the fact that there is 100% spell disruption here?
we don't have 100% disruption here.

if you're trying to make a dig at a double negative, i'd suggest you re-read the post.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

nightshark wrote:we don't have 100% disruption here.

if you're trying to make a dig at a double negative, i'd suggest you re-read the post.
no sir.. i was honestly asking what you were trying to say.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sandro wrote:I too, was a big fan of debuff disruptions. Too bad they don't work that way here..
Debuffs yield nearly a 70% chance of disruption against a GM Mage casting the greater heal spell... and that chance increases substantially with each higher circle being casted.

Works exactly the same here as it did on production shards.