Interruption.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Interruption.

Post by EVeee »

I don't know much about the specifics of this discussion since I've never been so involved in PvP as to understand delays, throttles and whatnot, but I'd still like to say something. In a CTF yesterday, and so many times before both in and out of events, I saw a naked mage standing still with three people swinging weapons at him cast greater heal over and over and over and remain alive easily. All quotes/references/demos aside, simple logic says that there is something dreadfully wrong with that picture. I'm not a whiz at math, but I think if a = not wearing any armor, b = not even bothering to try to run from two or three weapons + c = not even coming close to getting killed, then a+b+c = ridiculous.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm going to be getting something up on test center hopefully tonight based on previously posted theories to get a feel for this. Lacking concrete evidence, the "feel factor" is going to weigh heavier than I'd like in this discussion.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

faust

we are talking about weapon hits clearly.

spells didnt disturb 100% at 100 resist

weapons hits deffently have always done so imo

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Test is up with some changes to the calculation of disrupt on physical attacks. We're testing the pre-halved damage theory. This is intended to be a benchmark, and is not yet proposed as a disrupt factor that is going to be taken to the live shard.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Vlastslav wrote:
My theory is reinforced by the fact that when mages punched each other on osi during t2a it was a high high chance to disrupt, currently on here you can punch all you want and will never be interupted.
yes i can tell you that i had some pvp templates without wrestling. and mages would punch me and interupt my spells with i'd venture to say 100% chance. since they hit 100% of the time its easy math.

i had to make space between the player and i to get a spell off which was fine because i was also doing that to load weapon hits.

i think the spell interuptions are fine but pyschical damage, punching, kryss, dagger, katana used to interupt if landed. this also would include magical trapped pouches... anyone ever accidently hit one during your cast ? it would interupt you because it was physical damage. purple pots were also pyschical damage.

i think if you are 100% with your interuption formula you must have overlooked something with the pyschical world of damage

as always thought the server is as fun as ever i would just like to see this looked at.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

malice popping pouches to disturb your own spell was a popular tactic during t2a because arming your weapon would make you lose your insta.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

malice-tg wrote:
Vlastslav wrote: i think the spell interuptions are fine but pyschical damage, punching, kryss, dagger, katana used to interupt if landed. this also would include magical trapped pouches... anyone ever accidently hit one during your cast ? it would interupt you because it was physical damage. purple pots were also pyschical damage.
Magic trapped pouches do currently interrupt spells (good way to break a Blade Spirit cast if you see a PK coming.)

Just chiming in, I remember fencers being a very difficult class to beat because it was so hard to pull a cast off without getting interrupted. Here, a tank mage can jalmost stand still and have a decent chance to dump a fencer, unless the fencer uses poison or some other damage-attributing skill.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Remembering fencing as the most interruptive melee skill is just because every fencing weapon is above 45 speed (need a min of 40 to perfectly interrupt a 4th level spell). Katanas(58) and qstaffs (48) were some of the other main interrupt weapons. Dont think it has anything to do with the piercing theory, considering we are attacking naked mages.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

The interruption on test feels much better. I didn't get to test it as much as I wanted to yet because I have a hard time finding anyone on test who would want to fight a dexxer.

I either get others trying to gank me or the same 3 or 4 just want to do mage duels.

It's actually kinda comical. ;)

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Just finished another round of testing and it seems that things, interruption wise, are much closer to OSI if not right on.

I was able to stave off 2mV1d for a long while without using magery (that's two compentent mages against dexxer) and that was the first time since OSI.

Now these fights are all about the bandage timer and managing ones damage against offenseive assaults so it's pretty much like it was on OSI.

The interruptions aren't 100% but if you are naked you dont stand much of a chance to cast unless the attacker misses.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Since interruption is based on the weapon damage before it's halved the chance to be disrupted is twice as much on test center at the moment. The previous system had roughly a 50% chance on a greater heal spell at 5 damage making it roughly around 100% instead now. The only way a 4th circle spell won't have a chance to to be interrupted is when it's below 5 damage.

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

This is awesome. When can we get this implemented? :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm in the midst of working up a pretty big patch that are going to resolve a lot of the issues currently untder discussion in foums. Unfortunately the current development method is very linear and until i resove some issues with other code changes that are being made I'm not going to be able to ship up any new code.

I do plan to put up a posting on the proposed changes prior to the patch.

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

I still consider myself new to this shard (mostly since my characters still suck) but I have to say, you really rock Derrick! You run a great shard and the people here are, mostly, top notch.

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

Derrick wrote:Test is up with some changes to the calculation of disrupt on physical attacks. We're testing the pre-halved damage theory. This is intended to be a benchmark, and is not yet proposed as a disrupt factor that is going to be taken to the live shard.
Thank you Derrik :)