My Stealth Llama

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

My Stealth Llama

Post by Safir »

Okie, so I have a Stealth Llama, it's one of a kind and no one can see it! I bet that if I'd have a nightmare he'd be killin' ppl without them even knowing it was there! Hehe! *evil grin* ;)

Alright, how it happened. Two people on two clients are sitting in a house. One of them says, "Hey, you want my llama? He's totalli kewl!". The other one replies, "Sure, I'd love that friendly Llama!". Then the mystery begins!

The person owning the Llama is also owning the house (let's call him "Supah Playah #1"), and for some reason, he hides once before hoppin' off the Llama he was riding. After this he transfers the Llama to the friend (let's call him "Mr Awesome Playah #2"). #2 accepts and is left confused since there is no Llama to be seen, but there was a Llama in the trade window. #1 doesn't understand anything since he can see the Llama and that it is following #2 around perfectly normal. Now this means that #2 has a Stealthy Llama! Can't be seen and thus can't be mounted, but there. #2 can transfer the Llama back to #1, who can then mount it, then hop off it again, and then making the Llama visible to #2 again. When trading now, the Llama is visible to both parties, and #2 can mount the Llama.

So hiding when riding a mount, then hoppin' off the Llama, still seems to keep the Llama hidden. Even when transfered. So the receiving party of the trade has a Llama following him around stealthed. The Llama can be commanded, but not ridden as it can't be targeted.

REPORTED ISSUE: My Stealth Llama

ISSUE DETAILS: Can't see a Llama (or any mount?) after #1 being hidden and transferring the Llama to #2. #1 can still see it though.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: In a house belonging to #1, haven't had a chance to try anything else.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Get a Llama (or any mount?) and hide when mounted (in a house?) before initiating a transfer.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Llama should be visible to both parties and other players (dunno what the case is here).

DATE REPORTED: 2005-06-17

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: My Stealth Llama

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Im a bit confused. So you hide in your house, unmount then transfer? Have you tried logging on/off both clients and checking if the llama is still there? Can you command it to attack, and does the target see it?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm having a hard time reproducing this.
I cant initiate a transfer hidden, because I have to speak
I cant hide with a transfer target up. (you are too busy)
If I have with a trade window up, the trade window closes.

I'm also pretty confused on how this would happen, any invisible mobiles that on character can see, but are invisible to another should appear as soon as they move.

Let me know if you have any other tips on reproducing this.

Thanks for the report! :)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

My comp sux, so I can't rli reproduce it miself cuz I can't run two instances of UO at once, but here is what happened to mi:

1. House owner sits on a mount in his house (remember I dun know if a house is needed for this, I'm just sayin' what happened).

2. Another character is in the house (in this case co-owner, but again, I dun know if a house is needed at all, and I dun think it matters that ppl are owners/co-owners).

3. House owner hides.

4. House owner dismounts.

5. House owner says "Tea transfer" (or w/e the mounts name is, and is thus revealed by speaking).

6. House owner targets the other fella' in the house (the co-owner in my case).

7. Both parties accept the trade.

8. The Llama is now only visible to the House owner who initiated the trade/transfer. The new mount owner can command the pet by saying "Tea follow me" or w/e. The new mount owner can't see the pet. The new mount owner can't mount the mount (since he can't see the mount at all, and thus not click it to mount it). The former owner can see the mount following the new owner around.

Hope that clears it up! ;)

Now I can't try this miself, so I hope someone else can.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

I've never seen a mount stay hidden when dismounted.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Cutpurse wrote:I've never seen a mount stay hidden when dismounted.
Me neither, thus the reason for this "bug report". ;)

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Can this be a graphical glitch in the client? Did the new owner try to reconnect and was able/unable to see it then?
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Batlin wrote:Can this be a graphical glitch in the client? Did the new owner try to reconnect and was able/unable to see it then?
Nope, the steps I mentioned above are all that I've seen/tried. I can't try it miself again, since I can't run multiple clients. What I did when this happened was to transfer the mount back to the original owner, let him mount it, and then step down from it again before transferring it back.

I think the "bug" lies in hiding before dismounting and transferring.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I've had this happen before, pretty sure logging in/out fixes it, as only to that particular client it's not shown up.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Bump.

So is it a bug or not? Can it be fixed?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Being unable to reporduce it, I'm going to write it off to a wierd client error for now. I have no idea :(

I do appreciate the report but I can't do much without being able to reproduce it.

Thanks!

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

This sounds somehow similar to a client-side error that I've seen twice. After redeeding a small house, part of the building remained visible, and blocked house placement, but only for me. Closing and re-opening the client fixed it.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

ok well give this one a try. set your mount as your last target. then mount it. go in your house and type "remove thyself". then hit last target. it will throw your horse outside the house but u will still be mounted on one. if you hop off your mount the removed one (outside of house) will teleport to your location and you will have 2 horses standing on the same tile. this does not go away by logging out and logging back in, but it does reset when the server goes down at night.

for the record this issue actually existed on OSI, cept when you did it, it would actually clone the horse, and it could be transfered to another player. however as soon as the original horse was dismounted, it would disapear leaving only the clone to remain. it is not functioning this way here though because you cannot issue the cloned horse any commands (like transfer for example).

i used to abuse this on OSI, my townie always rode a nightmare, but i would "clone" it to one of my other chars before going into combat. that way if i died, my nightmare would just disapear, and i could repeat the process again, never losing my uber cool mount.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ClowN wrote:ok well give this one a try. set your mount as your last target. then mount it. go in your house and type "remove thyself". then hit last target. it will throw your horse outside the house but u will still be mounted on one. ...
:) this is a neat bug that I do understand.

I'm not sure what to do with this, the current behavior is a bug, but it's not emulating the OSI bug very well.
It's borderline exploit, but also funny (which is the spirit of the bugs we try to emulate). Likely the correct thing to do is to just fix the bug, but your thoughts are welcome.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Derrick wrote:
ClowN wrote:ok well give this one a try. set your mount as your last target. then mount it. go in your house and type "remove thyself". then hit last target. it will throw your horse outside the house but u will still be mounted on one. ...
:) this is a neat bug that I do understand.

I'm not sure what to do with this, the current behavior is a bug, but it's not emulating the OSI bug very well.
It's borderline exploit, but also funny (which is the spirit of the bugs we try to emulate). Likely the correct thing to do is to just fix the bug, but your thoughts are welcome.

that is definatly understandable. personally i would love to see this bug emulated the way it was on OSI because its just one of those memories that stands out in my head. i know not many people knew about it back in the day, and I would love to see it here. i could definatly see people over abusing it though and just buying 1 mount to forever clone lol. :D