Bandage Interruption

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Bandage Interruption

Post by Kraarug »

I don't know what you may have this set to but according to this patch note, damage of less than 26 should not interrupt a bandage.

source: http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=748
Publish 25 Updates and Bug Fixes
UO Team
12 Jan 2005 00:00:00 EST
Publish 25, as with most game publishes, contains a number of game updates and bug fixes. This article contains a summary of the game improvements that came about with Publish 25.
General Summary:

* Bug fixes
* PvP balance changes
* Archery fixes

Contents:

* House demolition, and character transfer will now be disabled while the housing and character transfer server is down
* Faster casting cap of 2 (if not using the protection spell)
* Faster casting cap of 0 (if using the protection spell)
* Paladin spells are subject to a faster casting cap of 4
* Paladins with magery of 70.0 or above are subject to a faster casting cap of 2
* PvP spell damage increase cap of 15% from an item’s magic property – spell damage increase is also derived from intelligence and inscription
* Added caps for: Lower Mana Cost = 40%, Hit Chance Increase = 45%, Defense Chance Increase = 45%, Damage Increase = 100%, Swing Speed Increase = 1/second for all weapons.
* Maximum swing rate capped at one swing per 1.25 seconds
* Added runic crafting tools to test center bank boxes
* Added all artifacts to test center bank boxes
* Added ethereal mounts to test center bank boxes
* Added a kills/deaths tracking and leader board on test centers
* Painstrike takes 1/2 second less to cast, 2 points higher minimum and maximum damage
* Cleanse by fire is now difficulty based
* Damage required to interrupt bandaging reduced from 26 to 19 for PvP only
* Lesser and normal healing potions have smaller delays to use than greater healing potions
* Lowered cure spell chance of success
* Enhanced cure potions now correctly cure lower poisons
* Archcure doesn't cure aggressors or victims
* Archcure is now 1/4 second faster
* Infectious strike special move now uses poisoning skill to help determine potency
* Using a special move within 3 seconds of the previous special move costs double mana
* Parried special moves have no mana cost
* Dexterity below 80 reduces the chance to parry
* Reveal uses magery and detect hidden vs. hide and stealth
* Reveal always reveals vs. invisibility spell
* Tracking players uses tracking and detect hidden and random (1 to 20) vs. hiding and stealth
* Ghosts can no longer be tracked
* Necromancy forms affect tracking difficulty
* Archers can now move immediately after firing
* Archers must hold still for a minimum of 1/2 second before firing
* Fixed Dryad bow and added it to the Doom boss loot
* Fix for daemon, lich, vampire, and wraith form issues
* Fix for enemy of one issues
* Fix for divine fury issues (stat penalties, faction points, etc)
* Two handed weapons can now be disarmed
* Can no longer immediately rearm disarmed mage weapons
* Faction traps now decay after one day
* Swamp dragons no longer reduce PvP damage
* Spell casting creatures no longer try to cast old buffs (reactive armor, protection, magic reflection) resulting in more challenging monsters
* Fixed low level gain for weapon skills
* Sake is now called "sake" instead of "water" on Japanese shards
* Added jewelry slots in 2D client
* Added "object handles" in 2D client

Misc. "behind the scenes" changes:

* Improved internal debugging tools
* More logging for "IGR time limit" error

tenduil

Re: Bandage Interruption

Post by tenduil »

For accuracy purposes they are probably going to require finding at what time it was set to 26 originally. (i'm all for making it 26!)
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Actually, there is no other reference to a set point.

So, with that, and the statement that "Damage required to interrupt bandaging reduced from 26.." is enough to make a documented case that it was always 26 unless proven otherwise.

The demo should be a good place to check. Perhaps it's already at 26 however I think that the default RunUO code would be 19 so I'm asking if that is the case, please set it to 26.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

I know for a fact its not 26 as I get constantly interrupted while bandaging when taking LOW damage. I can figure out the numbers when I get home tonight.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Faust

Post by Faust »

I would have backed this claim up with a second source before posting...

Publish 21 Updates & Bug Fixes Nov 26 2003 3:07PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_482.html wrote: It is now more difficult to interrupt bandage-healing—your fingers will not slip if you take less then 26 damage while bandaging. However, if interruption & slipping does occur, the amount healed will be reduced by about 35%.
The demo uses the pre-t2a healing system where there was a zero delay when bandaging instantly healing you with a huge re-healing delay of several minutes before another bandage can be attempted for a heal.

valheru

Post by valheru »

Publish 21 Updates & Bug Fixes Nov 26 2003 3:07PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_482.html wrote: It is now more difficult to interrupt bandage-healing—your fingers will not slip if you take less then 26 damage while bandaging. However, if interruption & slipping does occur, the amount healed will be reduced by about 35%.
November 26 2003, ouch, way out of era.