mobs and boxes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Oddity

mobs and boxes

Post by Oddity »

Hey, I started at the beginning of UO:R, and back then you could wall of nightmares with boxes with a pile of gold on top (the gold prevented the boxes from being broken by the mare). Does this work here? Or was that a glitch added after t2a? If no one knows I guess I'll go test it once i get my taming high enough.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: mobs and boxes

Post by Mikel123 »

For some reason, I thought pets wouldn't break boxes in T2A anyways... box-breaking, as I remember, was introduced when the pathfinding was improved, in UO:R.

Oddity

Re: mobs and boxes

Post by Oddity »

I don't know about other mobs, I just distinctly remember being able to tame WWs and mares alone using boxes with gold on top.

Without the gold, they would break the boxes, but the gold would keep the boxes from being broken somehow (im guessing whatever check was coded in only checked whatever was on top of the pile in any given tile, and gold was unbreakable...). This was within the first year of UO:R's release.