alchemy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
shibbydooda

alchemy

Post by shibbydooda »

When you use a mortar already in use it should not stop grinding and dump out the contents. It should say that is already in use. when you finish making a potion and don't have an empty bottle it should keep the potion in the mortar until one is available, not dump it.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: alchemy

Post by Hemperor »

shibbydooda wrote:When you use a mortar already in use it should not stop grinding and dump out the contents. It should say that is already in use. when you finish making a potion and don't have an empty bottle it should keep the potion in the mortar until one is available, not dump it.
I've mentioned resources not being wasted when reusing a mortar to Derrick in the past, I'll add it to the to-do list.

I'll take a look at your other comment in the demo right now.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Crafted a potion with no emptys in my bag and got the message upon completion:

"Where is an empty bottle for your potion?"

I canceled the target, reused the mortar and it brought up the same question. I targeted an empty on the ground and it filled with the potion.

EDIT: One more thing, when targeting a reagent to craft, if you only have enough to craft one type of potion it will automatically do so rather than bringing up a menu.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

shibbydooda

Post by shibbydooda »

I noticed something else along these same lines.. when poisoning didn't you only get the sound effect when succesful?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll fix both of these, thanks. The not wasting reagents has been on my list for quite a while, the behavior was interpolated from the client strings before we starting doing this demo related research; glad to now know the proper behavior.