Guard zone inaccuracies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
valheru

Guard zone inaccuracies

Post by valheru »

There are many guard zone inaccuracies, the easy ones to fix right now are the guard towers out in the wild.

This is a huge issue IMHO, and it has been known about for a long time. Is it really that difficult to fix/change?

Just wondering.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guard zone inaccuracies

Post by Silverfoot »

I agree, all guard towers including the crossroads out in the bloody plains were guard zones. Last time I made a thread about this no one remembered that though. :(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's something that's been on the list for a while. The guard zones in the woods wouldn't be hard to fix, but there was some dispute on whether that was actually accurate.

There are a few other regions that are known to be incorrect, such as cove docks, and there are a few other regions that aren't quite right as well. It is kind of a job to get in and redraw all these borders, but will try to get it on the fast-track.

The area in wind in the east side of the return teleporter room which was guarded has been blocked off.

Currently all of our guard lines correspond to the guard lines shown in the Razor Positioning System.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

I don't remember the guard towers in the woods ever being protected. Please make sure you have some semblance of evidence before you go ahead and make that change. If anyone here still plays on OSI then I'm sure they could check.

If there were guard zones in those towers, players wouldn't be able to kill the Order Guards for skill gain like they have been for so many years. I distinctly remember being able to summon a Blade Spirit to poison one of these guards for loot on OSI and never once heard the "Teleport Hallywhack" noise.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Well, I never remember there even being order guards in these buildings. I remember being able to run to them to insta-kill monsters and hide from reds.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Order guards were not in wilderness guard posts. That I can probably confirm if I dip into my SSs but I think that's a feeling most people have about it.

As for guard zones, pre-Fame/Karma they were "guarded" in the sense that if a guard saw you, he'd whack you (through the wall too!) but I can't remember when they fixed this. I just remember when I'd run to my house as a recently ressed Dread Lord, I had to avoid the shortcut or I'd have a chance of getting whacked.

T2A entrances were guarded, I think there were just 2 you could use as a red
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

The guard zone in wind is accurate, I request that the stones be removed!
Screen shot from OSI Atlantic attached.
Attachments
Raistlin_8-16_19.47.jpg

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Hiram wrote:The guard zone in wind is accurate, I request that the stones be removed!
Yes I heard many tears were shed from the shard sissy Kefka in order to get these stones placed here since he didn't know where the guardzone was... even though its been there since the dawn of UO time. Then he claimed we were the noobs... lol.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Remove the stone

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for confirming this. They will be removed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

RoadKill wrote:Order guards were not in wilderness guard posts. That I can probably confirm if I dip into my SSs but I think that's a feeling most people have about it.

As for guard zones, pre-Fame/Karma they were "guarded" in the sense that if a guard saw you, he'd whack you (through the wall too!) but I can't remember when they fixed this. I just remember when I'd run to my house as a recently ressed Dread Lord, I had to avoid the shortcut or I'd have a chance of getting whacked.

Your gear makes me want to puke

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

poogoblin wrote:
RoadKill wrote:Order guards were not in wilderness guard posts. That I can probably confirm if I dip into my SSs but I think that's a feeling most people have about it.

Your gear makes me want to puke

haha I told him something similar

valheru

Post by valheru »

Biohazard wrote:
Hiram wrote:The guard zone in wind is accurate, I request that the stones be removed!
Yes I heard many tears were shed from the shard sissy Kefka in order to get these stones placed here since he didn't know where the guardzone was... even though its been there since the dawn of UO time. Then he claimed we were the noobs... lol.
tears shed? if you read my irc chat with your buddy, i was laughing about it. laughing. i just mentioned to derrick that i was pretty sure that the guard zone there shouldn't be there, that was all.

On another note, i played all of T2A, and guard towers out in the wild were ALWAYS guarded. I died many times by chasing someone down a dirt road and past a guard tower, only to get guard whacked.

Bio, keep the trash talk out of this forum. But just to shoot back, you are one of the worst pvpers on the shard, had you running redlined like a baby yesterday, and i'll fight you 1vs1 anytime you wish in the field when you see it. come hang outside our keep more often :)

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Guard towers were not guarded, and the guard zones at t2a entrances (at least in northern Minoc) were intermittent.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'mna lock this before it degenerates any further.
If there is any new information on guard towers, please make a new thread. We have nothing conclusive to go on at this time.