NPCs giving hints on magical loot in return for gifts.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Cutpurse

NPCs giving hints on magical loot in return for gifts.

Post by Cutpurse »

Can't remember exactly the era, but I only played from BETA - Dec. 99.
At what point was it that you could give gold/food/equipment to NPCs and they'd, at random, say something along the following lines instead of just thanking you?

"I thank thee! I hear that there is a magical spear being carried by a creature in the woods to the Northeast."

Unclear on the exact wording, but it was along those lines.

Derrick

Re: NPCs giving hints on magical loot in return for gifts.

Post by Derrick »

I feel this is a very important era feature and something we've been meaning to implement for some time.

It is in era, although typically by the you found the creatue, someone else had already gotten the spear.

Thanks for the bump on this system.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Wouldnt that require you to spawn loot on monsters? currently they only spawn gold for what i believed was server stability. I Would be all about my dragons droping magical weapons and treasure maps with the drop command.
[broken image]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It does cut down on the item count some to have them only spawn the items when they die, but this isn't accurate either and will soon be changed. However, we can add items to creatures under the current system as well. And it's not the case for all currently; Lizardmen, Orcs, Balrons for example do spawn with their weapons equipped.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Derrick: There's no way you can make the NPC's response trigger a spawn with the loot in place pre-death?