Removal of Events (Era-Accuracy)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Remove ALL Events?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Yes.
42%
No.
58%

Total votes: 36

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Removal of Events (Era-Accuracy)

Post by Homie »

Hoots wrote:
alatar wrote:
Homie wrote:Just a question.. were you already arguing against events before deacon got his blessed true black sandals?
I've had those since back in 2008..
No, he is trying to argue that your motivation for removing events is bc you already have the l33t3st gear available from them (he did the same to blackfoot in the ctf-dd trophies thread)...

And no, he did not read the part about you being fine with turning in your blessed pixels.

Alatar, anyone who wants events stopped or trophies limited is bc they are uber rich with billions of pixel rewards and dont want anyone else to reach their l333tn3ss. I thought you knew that by now!

It could never have anything to do with Era accuracy, changing of game mechanics or what is best for the shard. Silly..

i just want to know what the trophie system is good for if there are no possibilities to get any?? I dont have seen an answer to this issue yet.

A shard with a trophie system but without real ways to get trophies is the current status here imho (and this since two or three months).

You guys are all demanding to remove events or are against bringing back trophies to the regular common events WITHOUT SPENDING ANY SINGLE THOUGHT on whats behind the events.. thats what i call silly :oops:

And please do not forget the topic starter suggests the removal of ALL EVENTS.

But i see... people wake up in the morning after two months of inactivity and think they got the complete overview and were born under the shining star of wisdom.

If you remove the main possibilities to obtain trophies or the events you have to remove the trophie system itself or lower the requirements for the awards.

If the events will be removed due to inaccuracy what should happen to the system or the items that have already been redeemed? should they be removed as well? Hell no, because it would be inconvenient to you and it would be too late for this (reminds me of the runebooks).

Whatsoever im feeling confirmed that on these boards there are alot of people frequently checking their pm's or the topics they're engaged in but dont have or dont want to see whats fact ingame.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Homie wrote:i just want to know what the trophie system is good for if there are no possibilities to get any?? I dont have seen an answer to this issue yet.

A shard with a trophie system but without real ways to get trophies is the current status here imho (and this since two or three months).

You guys are all demanding to remove events or are against bringing back trophies to the regular common events WITHOUT SPENDING ANY SINGLE THOUGHT on whats behind the events.. thats what i call silly :oops:

And please do not forget the topic starter suggests the removal of ALL EVENTS.

But i see... people wake up in the morning after two months of inactivity and think they got the complete overview and were born under the shining star of wisdom.

If you remove the main possibilities to obtain trophies or the events you have to remove the trophie system itself or lower the requirements for the awards.

If the events will be removed due to inaccuracy what should happen to the system or the items that have already been redeemed? should they be removed as well? Hell no, because it would be inconvenient to you and it would be too late for this (reminds me of the runebooks).

Whatsoever im feeling confirmed that on these boards there are alot of people frequently checking their pm's or the topics they're engaged in but dont have or dont want to see whats fact ingame.
I covered everything you just said in my original post. All events AND the trophy system would be dismissed. All items already obtained through the turn-in system would be grandfathered.. No players would lose any items they already worked (hardly..) for, but that would be the end of obtaining these type of items, just like what was done with the CUB act..

I already stated that if by any chance (this won't happen.. but still..) there would be a removal of items obtained from Trophies that I wouldn't even be hesitant to give up any/all items that I obtained through the system. I'm not even asking for a reimbursement..

In short, there won't be events, trophies, or a trophy turn-in system. That is what I implied.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Let's make this more simple.
Homie wrote:But i see... people wake up in the morning after two months of inactivity and think they got the complete overview and were born under the shining star of wisdom.

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

alatar wrote: I covered everything you just said in my original post. All events AND the trophy system would be dismissed. All items already obtained through the turn-in system would be grandfathered.. No players would lose any items they already worked (hardly..) for, but that would be the end of obtaining these type of items, just like what was done with the CUB act..

I already stated that if by any chance (this won't happen.. but still..) there would be a removal of items obtained from Trophies that I wouldn't even be hesitant to give up any/all items that I obtained through the system. I'm not even asking for a reimbursement..

In short, there won't be events, trophies, or a trophy turn-in system. That is what I implied.
At least you got some sense for justice though its only for yourselfs.

My next question would be if those players who have already obtained some amount of trophies didnt work hard for them? Is that really what your assuming?

Let me guess... they were all afk in ALL events and deserved the removal of their "cheated" trophies. lolol

alatar

Post by alatar »

Homie wrote:
alatar wrote: I covered everything you just said in my original post. All events AND the trophy system would be dismissed. All items already obtained through the turn-in system would be grandfathered.. No players would lose any items they already worked (hardly..) for, but that would be the end of obtaining these type of items, just like what was done with the CUB act..

My next question would be if those players who have already obtained some amount of trophies didnt work hard for them? Is that really what your assuming?

Let me guess... they were all afk in ALL events and deserved the removal of their "cheated" trophies. lolol
My point is that nobody worked hard for any of their trophies. The only way you could have possibly "worked" for your trophies is if you spent hours of farming gold, to buy them from another player. The fact that all events take place outside of the game-world completely removes the Risk vs. Reward factor, thus completely eliminates any possibility that you could of worked hard..

Tournament trophies don't require work, those people PvP for the fun of it everyday, that's not "work". CTF / DD / LMS, I hardly consider any of those work..

And to clarify on those who did farm for gold to buy up points, well, that just brings me back to my original claim in the first place..
alatar wrote:2: Economy: We have a bunch of people who only log on to play events. If I am not mistaken the current market for trophies is up to 10000 per point.. These people are spending gold on items that aren't even accurate to the time-frame that we are shooting for. Furthermore, after they acquire enough, they can then turn in the trophies for even more items that are also not within our time-frame..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Tron

Post by Tron »

alatar wrote:
Homie wrote:

My point is that nobody worked hard for any of their trophies. The only way you could have possibly "worked" for your trophies is if you spent hours of farming gold, to buy them from another player. The fact that all events take place outside of the game-world completely removes the Risk vs. Reward factor, thus completely eliminates any possibility that you could of worked hard..

Tournament trophies don't require work, those people PvP for the fun of it everyday, that's not "work". CTF / DD / LMS, I hardly consider any of those work..

And to clarify on those who did farm for gold to buy up points, well, that just brings me back to my original claim in the first place..
alatar wrote:2: Economy: We have a bunch of people who only log on to play events. If I am not mistaken the current market for trophies is up to 10000 per point.. These people are spending gold on items that aren't even accurate to the time-frame that we are shooting for. Furthermore, after they acquire enough, they can then turn in the trophies for even more items that are also not within our time-frame..
The market for trophies is higher now than before because now they are even harder to get, and a little inflation. The market for many things has gone up slightly, it happens.

As far as "risk vs reward" there are a number of no risk money making techniques on uo that can pull in more money than a 10k trophy every 8 hours. And of course that 10k trophy isn't a guarantee. You could still lose the event.
What if that player afks and join multiple chars tho, in an effort to still farm a trophy.
You report them. The gms do ban people from events for that. And I'm pretty sure the ip of the offender is logged. If multiple people report afks, they won't stick around, I'd bet my lunch money on that.
Lets do a for example. There are 3 events per day that you can play in 24 hours, to make 30k gold at best, lets say 20k is avg, you played all 3 events, and won 2. Out of that 24 hours, only 2 was spent in events. So 2 hours, 20k, 10k per hour. That's paltry even by a newbs standards. If you were to farm even the newbiest spawns you could make that easily. If you started a 50 tailor char, you could make much more than that. It's just not as big a crutch for newbs as people say. Those people are never the newbs, they're usually established players saying "if i was a newb id just do that". Well no, you probably wouldn't. You probably want money alot faster than that, and you'd make the money for that newb house just as fast with or without events. And god forbid the newbs get rich quick and get out warring faster, right?

Lastly, the events with prizes, kept people interested in them. After the rewards were taken out, the competition died in events. Because there is no looting, there is no reward for winning, so why care?
But for alot of us events are a SIDE quest on this 13 year old game, it's like another game mode, you can choose to play a few times a day (if you make every event) for a small time a day. They don't take near as much away from the server to dim the fun they bring. Not just during the events, which many players like (its still uo, its just uo on speed, almost like abyss test, roihgt?), but during the time after as well. Post-event fights were often better than the events themselves. Sure you can say "go to bucs anyways" "or there is lots of action" and i know this, i have never been one to complain about lack of action on this server. You can find it just about always, at any number of given spots, especially if you pk. BUT the action post events was also constant, and usually much larger scale than action at other times. Everyone is on, just got done gearing up for the event, met up with buddies, hopped in vent maybe, and are all ready to fight right when its done. And everyone knows where to go to do so.

I've said it many times also, trophies should not have been tradeable and shouldn't be again. There would be other rules that go along with a system like that, and it would take some more work on the devs to run the turn in aspect. A similar tournament ranking system should be implemented to monitor wins and points. Taking the trophies out of the game entirely while keeping the reward system intact.
Last edited by Tron on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

I agree. Trophies should not be tradeable.

I haven't really bought or sold trophies, and after a year of collecting them I have just over 100 points.
I'm guessing thats pretty average.

Pro

Post by Pro »

I see nothing wrong with selling trophies and tbh pre removal you did see alot more pvp/pvpers. Not just opinion I'll drag up some screenshots.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Era Accuracy = game mechanics
Shard specific events and promotional devices that encourage interaction = a good staff with the best intentions at heart

With this in mind why complain about events at all?

So they didnt happen on your particular shard you played on aeons ago. What does it matter...I mean really?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.