Tower of Death

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Dark_Radiance

Tower of Death

Post by Dark_Radiance »

To celebrate 5000 visits to the Vesper Inn Library, I will be holding an event this saturday the *29th of August at 7pm est.* Rules will be very simple for this event, as there is only one rule, No pets. Anything else goes, which includes but not limited to: field spells, ebolts, hally hits, stealing, name calling.... you name it. I will unlock the front door of the tower at *7pm* est. and it will be a mad Dash to the top of the tower where a small house deed awaits for its new owner. I hear some of you saying to yourself, 'Thats it'? Of course not, there will be a few obstacles to slow you down, well to down right kill you really. So this isn't an event to get dressed up and wear that brand new deer mask you just bought, as most likly you will die and get dry looted.
location.jpg
location.jpg (38.07 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
This tower is located right next to the Vesper Inn library, which is one screen away from the guard zone. So when, eh I mean 'if' you die, I will be providing res'es one screen north of the tower in vesper. I will be providing gates to the event so don't hurt yourself trying to figure out where this is.

This is one one of the ostacles you will face, it is by far the easiest in the tower:
Maze of Death.jpg
Maze of Death.jpg (53.15 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
'A simple maze'

More Details with pictures will be posted as it gets closer to the event.

Update
Now many of you have been wondering how/where this house deed would be on the roof. Well here it is:
Crates.jpg
Crates.jpg (30.92 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
There is a total of 30 crates, 29 of them have a ballot box deed, and one has a small house deed. The ones containing the ballot boxes are explo traped, and the one with the small house deed is poison traped. So all have the same weight/item count, and for those who have detect hidden, all will show traped. Also, as you can see there are ovens placed around the crates so using the spell telekinesis will be impossible until you get close enough where you will be killed opening one.

There are a few more obstacles, but where would be the fun if I told you all of them?
Last edited by Dark_Radiance on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

alatar

Re: Tower of Death

Post by alatar »

If you plan on hiding the deed under those cloaks, I hope you realize theres a scavenger agent in razor, and a smart UO player will just add a "deed" to the list and auto-pick it up just by running within 3 tiles of it..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

alatar wrote:If you plan on hiding the deed under those cloaks, I hope you realize theres a scavenger agent in razor, and a smart UO player will just add a "deed" to the list and auto-pick it up just by running within 3 tiles of it..
You really think DR is that dumb?

I don't want to give it away, so I won't. I'll leave it up to him to tell you how you get the deed :)
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the cloaks are there to cover up the route through the maze
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Dark_Radiance

Post by Dark_Radiance »

Only 6 hours left until the event!!

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Update with SS?

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

How did it go?
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

Dark_Radiance

Post by Dark_Radiance »

Well to be honest, it didn't turn out very well at all. First off we had some problems releasing the pets throughout the tower. First attempt killed most of the imps, as the released ones would attack the still tamed ones. The imps on lvl2 did a good job attacking people running by, the two ww's and dragon on lvl3 didn't do shit, and the drakes on the roof just sat there, not attacking. Then there was some problems with people not knowing what was going on, due to not reading this post :/. I'll be redoing this event in a few weeks after I tinker with the setup and do a few trial runs.

But I will like to thank everyone who did show up for the event, I'll post some pics here soon when I have more time.

Return to “Player Run Events”