Can I buy gold?

Topics related to Second Age
Scraper-Pac

Can I buy gold?

Post by Scraper-Pac »

I work 50hours a week and am returning to UO after a 4 year brake.. just curious if it is legal to buy gold for a cheap price, didnt see anything on ebay.

if illegal.. just say so.. if not or if you can help me out other ways post your contact info.

thanks in advance.

PillPuller

Re: Can I buy gold?

Post by PillPuller »

No. Hard work is the only thing that will pay off here. I suggest making a bard as they are fairly easy and inexpensive to make and can bring in a steady profit to train up other characters, buy a house etc. Get about 10 - 20 instruments on your character and macro provoking one thing on to another. Moonglow zoo is a fairly popular place for this I believe.
AIM : Progn0sis

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Like the guy above said, make a Bard, I too am crazy busy but a Bard can be developed fairly easy with afk macroing.

Macro your music in brit bank up to at least 80 or so (easily done in one day) Use a stable (not britians you'll get pked, yes even in town), and provoke one animal onto another. Do yourself a favor and start with one point in either provoke or music so you get a newbified instrument that doesn't break that way you don't need 10-20 instruments. The other 99 points available I would put in magery/whatever else you want.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

You can pay me to play your bard.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

sounds like your an important person to work so much .. can you hire/fire .. cause i need a good job .. (so tired of oil) and would be welling to make in game donations to you for said good job .. :)

joking ..but still serious need better job :( .. so few even crapy jobs these day much less good ones

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Chaos wrote:sounds like your an important person to work so much .. can you hire/fire .. cause i need a good job .. (so tired of oil) and would be welling to make in game donations to you for said good job .. :)

joking ..but still serious need better job :( .. so few even crapy jobs these day much less good ones
That sucks. Join the Air Force.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

50 hours a week is actually pretty nice. Do people actually work less? That is just 10 hours a day with weekends off.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

in this eco. they give me to close to 40 in case i need to stay late . i don't know many people getting any kinda over time right now .. i use to do 12 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week .. not any more

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Scraper-Pac

Post by Scraper-Pac »

well what sucks is im a manager and required to work those hours, and they just gave us a pay cut! nothing I can do about it expect quit, and we know thats not smart.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Welcome to UOSA :) You'll find it easy to start up here, a lot of people are very generous (not with handouts, but with priceless assistance, Dark Radiance has a village for new players, he'll co-own you to a home for as long as 6 weeks till you get your own place). Check the new player help forum here.

As for job, I work 25 hours a week and I'm doing just fine and dandy :) No kids though, so that may be the reason why.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I can help you a bit. PM me in irc.

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

There is a post by Derrick on this forum ( Second Age Discussion) at the top that answers the question.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5204