Why is AFK Reagent Buying NOT Illegal?

Topics related to Second Age
Derrick

Re: Why is AFK Reagent Buying NOT Illegal?

Post by Derrick »

If a person was actually knowingly skirting the account limit, would they really log on all their accounts with the same character name?

Doubtful. But when we do see more than three characters with the same name in game in our alphabetized list we do check.

There's not going to be any comment made about indvidual players or their accounts. the limit is three, for everyone.

We used to get paged about all the "a bazooka"''s and "chumbuckets" all the time. I assure you, something like this doesn't slip by us.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Brules

Post by Brules »

Galendae wrote:I was one of the very 1st, if not the 1st, to call out Telamon. I knew it from the 1st IDOC I was at with him. Guy was running way more then 3 accounts. Was so obvious. But no, all the fan boys shouted me down! The two obvious cheaters left after Telamon are Lord Cavewright and Rammar. Any GM that wants to, could do the slightest bit of detective work and bag them both. Hey, I understand, they got better things to be doing.

Where are all your apologies about being wrong on Telamon? I am still waiting for those.

Galendae
Cry more tears lol. We will build you a museum for those tears if you like.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Well apparently Rammar is not doing anything against the shard's rules. And from Kaivan's comment I take it that Galendae's accusation was also unfounded.

So I do think appologies are in order, and not towards Galendae.

Sometimes you gotta quit while you're ahead...and in this case the same eventhough you're not ahead.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Galendae wrote:I was one of the very 1st, if not the 1st, to call out Telamon. I knew it from the 1st IDOC I was at with him. Guy was running way more then 3 accounts....

I wasn't around during any of Telamons reign but what exactly did he get banned for?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

GM's don't discuss their reasons for bans, and Telamon's was no exception.

Brules

Post by Brules »

So is Gucci one of the macro reg buying bots? See him quite a bit using trinsic bank vault to macro buy or sell something, not sure.....

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yes he is one of them.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Brules wrote:So is Gucci one of the macro reg buying bots? See him quite a bit using trinsic bank vault to macro buy or sell something, not sure.....
That's Azheman buying regs.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, I see him popping up on Nuj roof pretty regularly. When I'm there on business or just bank sitting, I tend to stand on his tile for lols.

Also, haha Galendae, you just got so wtfbbqpwn'd I'm having a very difficult time not devolving directly to trash talk.

I think AFK Reagent buying is currently the only way to keep NPC vendors stocking a large amount of reagents. Perhaps if an AFK Buyer's Consortium were formed, wherein all the buyers coordinated their buying times, we could potentially provide not only full stock at all times, but windows of opportunity for active players AT the keys, to buy what they need from NPCs.

I'd gladly take part if someone wants to send me a copy of the macro and start up the consortium thread/IRC channel.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Brules

Post by Brules »

Just make a list here of who the recall mreg macro bots are and where they are operating out of. Block their spots until they give up. Simple.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Brules wrote:Just make a list here of who the recall mreg macro bots are and where they are operating out of. Block their spots until they give up. Simple.
Love "solutions" like these that pop up across an array of issues on UOSA.

Is it more simple to remark a rune or to track individual people and the spots they recall to across all shops (and schedules)?

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Hemperor wrote:
Brules wrote:Just make a list here of who the recall mreg macro bots are and where they are operating out of. Block their spots until they give up. Simple.

Is it more simple to remark a rune or to track individual people and the spots they recall to across all shops (and schedules)?
The amount of time, effort, and cost is in no way equal on both sides of the "good fight" with the AFK'ers. If it was, AFK anything wouldn't be happening on the scale that it does because we know the UOSA community wouldn't pass up an opportunity for shenanigans.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Light Shade wrote:
Hemperor wrote:

The amount of time, effort, and cost is in no way equal on both sides of the "good fight" with the AFK'ers. If it was, AFK anything wouldn't be happening on the scale that it does because we know the UOSA community wouldn't pass up an opportunity for shenanigans.
That was my point.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Why you so mad?

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Blaise wrote: I think AFK Reagent buying is currently the only way to keep NPC vendors stocking a large amount of reagents.
There is truth to this.

We generally only buy in off hours anyway. It's not as inconvenient as you think to block spots. Also our markup is so small, most are happy to let us do the work for them.
Great Lakes 1998-2001