Bless Deeds

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bless Deeds

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Choppa pretty much has it nailed on the head. Just an addition to his thought, Item Bless Deeds were USELESS after AOS, because you had an option to "insure" any items. Insuring an item blessed it. It cost like 200 gold an item, but anytime you died it would deduct the cash from your bank of however X amount of items you had "insured". To insure and item you just gave it a right click for a drop down menu... lol.

Given the small shard size compared to OSI, and the effectivness of razor, and knowledge of players over the years of what/when/where/how to farm, Item Bless Deeds would NOT be rare here like OSI, rather people would farm the hell out of CUB and obtain plenty of em.

The result? A bunch of a griefing pk's with +25 silver vanq hallys killing newbs and dominating PvP. Not a good result for a small shard population with constant new players. Big handicap.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I really hope that item-bless deeds are not considered here. Clothing bless deeds used to sell for 50k for a LONG time after their availability (pacific is my referance), I had blessed gm made everything on every character I ever used during this time period.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Full out item bless deeds would completely defeat the purpose of T2A, like already described above. However, clothing bless deeds wouldn't have much of an effect on PvP but rather the economy. Maybe a possible gold sink - 500k per? But that would be out of era accuracy... And since OSI gave out these items for tickets, the current system of "trophy points" on UOSA is actually pretty era accurate(minus the fact that it's via event giveaway. But that's a whole other debate). Having any type of bless deed spawn on a treasure hunt, or off a powerful monster (no matter how rare) would be grossly out of whack with what the shard stands for...

So I guess this thread, is pretty much... dead