Bless Deeds

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Charles Darwin

Bless Deeds

Post by Charles Darwin »

I have yet to see one Bless Deed in my travels! I was under the impression these lovely little pieces of paperpixels were present during T2A?

Discuss

Altay

Re: Bless Deeds

Post by Altay »

I remember that they were, but I could be mistaken.
Shameless self promotion below:
MMOHut - Free MMORPG / MMO Game Reviews!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

they were avialabel at the ene of t2a toward uor
this is just personal opinion
but they go against everything t2a stands for :<
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Pro

Post by Pro »

Completely unrelated but what rares are farmable on here?

Altay

Post by Altay »

Blackfoot it's not like there were hundreds of item bless deeds floating around. I only remember seeing two on ALL of catskills, and I played on there all the way up to age of shadows.
Shameless self promotion below:
MMOHut - Free MMORPG / MMO Game Reviews!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

as rare as they were woudl you consider them t2a? wwhen describing the t2a perido i dont think blessed weapons comes to mind , doesnt for me
Would we benefit from em? dno
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

If item bless deeds were available, everyone would farm whatever they needed to farm to get one. They wouldn't be rare.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Daltrey wrote:If item bless deeds were available, everyone would farm whatever they needed to farm to get one. They wouldn't be rare.
Trophy Turn In System

Trophy Values:

Not the value on the trophies. Those are the points you scored in the game.
1 point: Any regular CTF, Double Domination Trophy (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper)
2 points: CTF, Double Dom First place leader Bust trophy or regular Gold Tourney Trophy
5 points: Any special PvM event (town invasion etc.) or Non-(Gold,Silver,Bronze,Copper) Hued trophy
10 points: Any Valorite Hued Trophy

150 Point Rewards:
Clothing Bless Deed
Black Dye Tub
Mini-Monster Statuette (makes sounds)
Singing Crystal Ball
Your choice of one Pheonix Armor piece
10 Charge Furniture Dye Tub
Hearth of Home Fire Deed

They are available and they are obviously not farmed :/
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Well... Item bless deeds might be an overstatement. I don't want to see vanq weapons (like hallys) being blessed and used in PvP. This would be very lame and could cause some serious grief. But what about clothing bless deeds? Is there any downside to not being able to loot a murderers feather hat, or a thief's bandanna? It's not like you can't take their, potions, regs, armor, and weapons :lol:

How about this, how exactly would one go about acquiring a bless deed in the The Second Age? I found some patch notes from Dec. 17, 1999, They were for Holiday gifts, here are some excerpts, but feel free to check out the notes for yourself. http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes
Holiday Gifts Dec 17 1999 2:18PM CST Players will receive tickets when logging in their characters. Any ticket can be matched to any other player's ticket. Once a ticket is used on another ticket, each player can select from a variety of holiday gifts, compliments of Origin.

Clothing Bless Deed
Selecting the clothing bless deed will place a deed in your backpack.
The deed can be used on any article of clothing (such as tunics, boots, hats, etc.)
After double-clicking the deed, target an article of clothing. Once targeted, the clothing will become blessed (meaning it cannot be stolen or looted).
Blessed clothing can still take damage (from maces for example).
Last edited by Charles Darwin on Sat May 30, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Wise: On OSI there were clothing bless deeds, and there were item bless deeds. People also called them "anything bless deeds". As the name implies, you could use them to bless anything - like your favorite uber weapon, which you could then take into combat with no risk!

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Charles: Item Bless Deeds were given away on OSI during the first Clean Up Britannia circa '99.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

So the only way to get a CBD was from an OSI handout? There was no way to find them in high level t-maps, or completion of quests?

Magus

Post by Magus »

Charles Darwin wrote:So the only way to get a CBD was from an OSI handout? There was no way to find them in high level t-maps, or completion of quests?
Correct, they were xmas gifts.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

The clothing bless deeds were first given out in Xmas 1999. I believe they were given away for at least one other holiday after that, and then they became BOD rewards.

The Item Bless Deeds were from Clean Up Britannia, though. They were given out in Phase I which took place in October 1999. You needed 500,000 tickets to get one (Phoenix Armor pieces, in contrast, were "only" 100,000 tickets). You could only turn in non-stackable items, the phase lasted only two weeks, and OSI hasn't given out Item Bless Deeds since (to my knowledge). So, they remained quite rare.

http://guide.uo.com/item_redux.html

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Daltrey wrote:The clothing bless deeds were first given out in Xmas 1999. I believe they were given away for at least one other holiday after that, and then they became BOD rewards.

The Item Bless Deeds were from Clean Up Britannia, though. They were given out in Phase I which took place in October 1999. You needed 500,000 tickets to get one (Phoenix Armor pieces, in contrast, were "only" 100,000 tickets). You could only turn in non-stackable items, the phase lasted only two weeks, and OSI hasn't given out Item Bless Deeds since (to my knowledge). So, they remained quite rare.

http://guide.uo.com/item_redux.html
Yes but dupers made them not as rare (pacific at least)