Please fix attack last spam or something.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Cindrew

Please fix attack last spam or something.

Post by Cindrew »

The 1v1 has absolutely gone to the dogs on this server. Its becoming worse as of lately because more people are learning the mechanics and realizing the power of attack last spam. Era accuracy or not its no good. Heals in the 1v1 tourney last night easily demonstrated that a person with 0 skill can beat the best 1v1ers on the server utilizing attack last spam.

Heals won his fights largely just by holding one button down and chasing the target? Is this really how UO the great pvp mmo ever going to be like here? I seriously feel like ragequiting and trash barreling my stuff over this era accuracy lets make the server as boring as possible bullshit. (Heals is a 65dex Macer/Mage)

Can we not just put our heads together and within the bounds of this era find a competitive rule set that makes pvp interesting again?

Also fyi Heals is my guildmate so no I did not lose to him and decide to make this post. I am simply venting my frustration as an Active PvP Participant on this server.
Cindrew of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Lor

Re: Please fix attack last spam or something.

Post by Lor »

Ever since people started complaining about the attack last spam macro I stopped using it. Instead I double click their status bar when in war mode when the time is right. It's the exact same thing, just doesn't use razor, hence isn't lame. I think a big problem with PvP is Razor. People can make macros for whatever situation, just hit a button, and 'tada!' automated damage or heal. But whatever, I don't play for PvP, I play for fun, and I have it win or lose.

valheru

Post by valheru »

Lor wrote:Ever since people started complaining about the attack last spam macro I stopped using it. Instead I double click their status bar when in war mode when the time is right. It's the exact same thing, just doesn't use razor, hence isn't lame. I think a big problem with PvP is Razor. People can make macros for whatever situation, just hit a button, and 'tada!' automated damage or heal. But whatever, I don't play for PvP, I play for fun, and I have it win or lose.
But whatever, I don't play for PvP, I play for fun, and I have it win or lose.
Lor, we need more people with that attitude.

Think the attack last spam is fairly accurate. This topic has been BEATEN to death, and this thread is going nowhere except to the bottom of the forum only to be forgotten about after 4 people including faust, hemperror and others, battle it out for accuracy-jollies.

:(

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Monaxe tried explaining what spamming attack last does but I still don't quite get it.. He told me when someone is spamming attack last to start spamming war/peace.

What is the big deal?
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The big deal here is that hally mages (which rely on waiting 2 second without wrestling to get their quick-refresh-insta-hit) are losing their opportunity because people are approaching them and spamming attack last, which makes them wrestle, and thus, lose their 2-3 second hally hit. This tactic is no different than double clicking someones bar over and over while following them around, (which happened during t2a). I cant really see an argument here, the system we have is already fairly accurate, thought I cant speak on the accuracy of throttling such behavior. This is really just a complaint from a group of PvP'ers more than anything else.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

And thanks to Matron all of you know what to do when that red hally mage pops up now...

As for the original post...making a big deal about losing because of this shows who the better pvper was even though he wasnt your cookie cutter. That's totally okay too, you learned something.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

It's equally as lame for the hally mages to be doing the same thing everytime they start getting worked, which every single hally mage does basically. Personally it's the same as back in the day chuggin a pot in a 1v1, you just didn't do it. Now that this is working in favor of dexers and medi dexers you can't try to flip the script.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Mark one up for the Dexxers!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

It's like precasting greater heal, it's stupid and anyone can do it. Truly what makes the pvp here imo.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The big deal here is that hally mages (which rely on waiting 2 second without wrestling to get their quick-refresh-insta-hit) are losing their opportunity because people are approaching them and spamming attack last, which makes them wrestle, and thus, lose their 2-3 second hally hit. This tactic is no different than double clicking someones bar over and over while following them around, (which happened during t2a). I cant really see an argument here, the system we have is already fairly accurate, thought I cant speak on the accuracy of throttling such behavior. This is really just a complaint from a group of PvP'ers more than anything else.
Yeah, he said spamming war/peace would prevent you from taking the swing.. saving your hally hit. I then proceeded to actually do that. He came at me spamming attack last while I was casting, I started spamming war/peace, I didn't wrestle, equipped my hally and hit him.

I don't really see what the big deal is.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

DO people just post for the sake of adding +1 to your post count? I love the useless comments from Joe the Farmer whos idea of pvp is owning a mongbat. At the end of the day era accurate or not the pvp 1v1 has gotten lamer than it ever has. My point is that Derrick and the rest of the era accuracy donor crew has picked some of the worst combination of patch notes to make a crappy result. All im saying is within the limitations of the T2A era we use patch notes that make pvp enjoyable. If we are all going to start making medi-dexers and just holding attack last down then the pvp on this server is bleeding to death in my opinion. Sure there are other aspects of the game and I believe they are done well on this server. But with any MMO out people like to be able to SOLO and hold their own and I think you can judge the health of any pvp system within any mmo on how balanced the 1v1 interaction is. I just think it sucks that you refine your craft as a pvper all day but at the end of the day lose to a person who simply macroed a template and spams attack last.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

and yet you trying to insta hit was totally okay? read zz's post about how to counter spamming attack last.

PS Saying your guildy has zero skill when he beat you is real low man
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MacCoo

Post by MacCoo »

The main question is... Razor = era accurate?
and ye, I'm serious, rofl... :lol:

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

MacCoo wrote:The main question is... Razor = era accurate?
and ye, I'm serious, rofl... :lol:
If you look under options in your paperdoll you can set a hotkey for attack last, so razor really has nothing to do with it.

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:and yet you trying to insta hit was totally okay? read zz's post about how to counter spamming attack last.

PS Saying your guildy has zero skill when he beat you is real low man
I never even fought Heals in the tourney?