macing still broken

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
monkey555

macing still broken

Post by monkey555 »

the other day i snooped a nub, he had no food or red pots, i had a q-staff and i attacked him, while red lined he ran for about five mins before i killed him...this is incorrect, macing should drain stamina fast, i remember back in the day when i fough a macer i would be out of stamina by about 1/4 of my health or something like that...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: macing still broken

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

unless he was at 100 stam..that could take awhile
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Stamina drain from macing is definitely not too slow.

As was said, the person had high dexterity.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Unrelated note, I think macing is not damaging armor enough.

I dueled a macer for league and I was surprised to not have lost any armor.

I repaired it, but had 40AR at the start and end of duels.

What is macing stamina drain and armor bashing based on? How can we verify what it was?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Was it just ordinary GM armor you were wearing? Also I believe just maces do damage to armor not all macing weapons. Here let me pull up a thread.
Okay you see maces have been marked with an asterisk in the macing section. Of course they all have Mace listed as weapon type with an asterisk so I recant that.
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/arms.html
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Troubadix

Post by Troubadix »

* Maces do an extra damage of 3 to 5 points to the victims stamina if a hit is made. Maces also do damage to armor everytime the armor absorbs damage. The amount of damage done to armor is half that of the damage points absorbed by the armor and typically lies in the 1 - 7 points range.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

At one time, perhaps over a year ago the macing armor damage and stamina drop was reduced based mostly antecodal memories; lacking any specific formulas for the mechanic.

With the change to AR we should certainly review the current mechanincs of macing damage, it has not been looked at in depth (nor modified) for quite some time.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

The only mention of "specific" stamina drain values produced by macing is listed on the Stratics '99 web site at the very bottom of the weapon statistitics table. The described value of around 5 per hit seems pretty precise to me for a standard tank mage. I think it may be unlikely but looking into a possible "percentage" value for the stamina drain could very well be possible. I doubt this would be the case though.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Wait so only the "mace" weapon ??

Dude was using a qtaff the entire time.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, qstaves should be no different than maces. This was later changed in UOR though.

Weapons that fall under the use of the macing skill should be draining stamina and damaging armor.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Ya I dueled this guy for like 30 mins, probably 3-4 duels. I only lost 1 AR point, and he used a qstaff exclusively.

I did have parry, dont know if this has something to do with it.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I wonder if the UOR feature for staves fell through the cracks on this one.

We will have to wait until Derrick verifies it.

UOR Publish - http://update.uo.com/design_159.html wrote: Maces
The bonus for damaging armor and lowering stamina will now be restricted to the following mace weapons:
Mace
War Mace
War Hammer
War Axe
Hammer Pick
Club
Maul

Wands, staves, and smith hammers will not damage armor or reduce stamina.
Last edited by Faust on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

I never notice this crap because I dont ever wear armor.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

son wrote:Ya I dueled this guy for like 30 mins, probably 3-4 duels. I only lost 1 AR point, and he used a qstaff exclusively.

I did have parry, dont know if this has something to do with it.
Your shield should have suffered a lot, actually. Since 50% of his blows (at GM Parry) are going directly onto your shield, it's blocking a LOT of damage. On the other 50% of blows, at most 44% of them will go at one piece of armor (Chest). So really, only 22% of all strikes from your opponent will hit your chestpiece at full strength... while 50% of strikes will hit the shield.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:I wonder if the UOR feature for staves fell through the cracks on this one.
No all the T2A mace weapons should hit stam as this was mostly rewriten for UOSA; I've verifying everything right away though
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."