Skills Forum

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nayee

Skills Forum

Post by Nayee »

A skills forum would be nice. Guide's is sort of a misrepresentation of what is actually in there.

Just a suggestion.

of course, like everything, this will be jumped on by the regulars and bashed.

Dagon

Re: Skills Forum

Post by Dagon »

so all you want is a forum section named Skills?

how about you throw in an actual idea of what it should consist of before whining about getting bashed, because right now you didnt offer anything to bash you about, other than your lack of an actual suggestion that had content to it.

the wiki has the list of skills with descriptions and information, so what do YOU want

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

Dagon wrote:so all you want is a forum section named Skills?

how about you throw in an actual idea of what it should consist of before whining about getting bashed, because right now you didnt offer anything to bash you about, other than your lack of an actual suggestion that had content to it.

the wiki has the list of skills with descriptions and information, so what do YOU want
I thought the post was self explanatory.

Skills forum would be the same as any other skill forum. It would consist of players discussing skills (how to raise, the benefits of, general questions about)

As of right now, theres no real section for stuff like that, it sort of just gets thrown into general discussion or "guides".
It was just a suggestion, and i was just pointing out the hostility on these forums towards suggestions. Sorry for upsetting you.

I just woke up and don't really feel like editing this post to look nice.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The "General Questions: New Player Section - FAQs and Help " was intended to be this forum, for discussion of character templates, skills, getting started, etc

We used to sticky the best of the skill guides in the guides section, but it got so big it covered almost all the first page.

Suggestions for making the forums more usable are very very welcome; however maybe a reorganization or even renaming of some of the sections would suffice. We've just so many different forum areas already
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Roadkill was involved in moving all the skill/guides from the forum into the wiki, this seems like the best idea.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Nayee wrote:

Skills forum would be the same as any other skill forum. It would consist of players discussing skills (how to raise, the benefits of, general questions about)

As of right now, theres no real section for stuff like that, it sort of just gets thrown into general discussion or "guides".
It was just a suggestion, and i was just pointing out the hostility on these forums towards suggestions. Sorry for upsetting you.

The post wasn't that self explanatory at all. I wasn't quite sure what you wanted either, just didn't post about it. You also made your post aggressive and hostile. Which got an aggressive and hostile reply in-kind. I haven't been around for a while so I'm not sure weather or not the forums seem to have an aversion to taking suggestions, but wording it like "I shouldn't even suggest this since all of YOU will shoot it down anyway" really isn't any way to get anyone on the agreeing side.

As for a skills forum, again I've been gone, but I do know there are plenty of threads about specific skills in the guides section. There's a lot of other stuff. I could see a skills forums with a single dedicated 'Mega thread' for each individual skill (and maybe one for each stat aswell) with posted guides and discussion inside as beneficial. It'd certainly be easier to find info about the skill you're interested in instead of sifting through the guides section.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

Nevermore wrote:
Nayee wrote:

The post wasn't that self explanatory at all. I wasn't quite sure what you wanted either, just didn't post about it. You also made your post aggressive and hostile. Which got an aggressive and hostile reply in-kind. I haven't been around for a while so I'm not sure weather or not the forums seem to have an aversion to taking suggestions, but wording it like "I shouldn't even suggest this since all of YOU will shoot it down anyway" really isn't any way to get anyone on the agreeing side.

As for a skills forum, again I've been gone, but I do know there are plenty of threads about specific skills in the guides section. There's a lot of other stuff. I could see a skills forums with a single dedicated 'Mega thread' for each individual skill (and maybe one for each stat aswell) with posted guides and discussion inside as beneficial. It'd certainly be easier to find info about the skill you're interested in instead of sifting through the guides section.

BLARGH I DISSAGREE :evil: